America Makes the BEST 1911's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America Makes the BEST 1911's

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBang View Post
    This is my husband and the 1911 in question is for me and I can not wait to get it. I was leaning towards a Springfield XD but once i held the 1911 i feel in love. Plus my hubby is going to make new grips for it.
    Yup, that happened to me too. I sold my Glock the next day.
    You will LOVE your 1911!
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

3. Score another for the 'Rock

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    You are absolutely right. I also Own a Rock Island Phillipino 1911. I works!!! And if it works, shoot it! Nothing on the books that says you have to own an expensive 1911. Just a working 1911!!!
    I now have two Rock Islands, one compact and one full size. Either one will shoot just as well and for just as long as the fine American made guns already mentioned. Big difference is that both my guns cost me less then just one of those other guys.

Indeed the Phillipines has a long history of manufacturing 1911s. Not necessarily as pretty as a SW, Colt, etc. but functional. I stumbled on the Rock Islands a few years ago but just recently picked up one of their 'Tactical' versions at literally a 1/3 of the price of my Kimber and Colt. I must admit after the first range visit, I felt silly spending all that money on the others..... if only for a minute

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12