Dumbest HR Complaint ever! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

  1. #11
    Are you union? If so get your steward to contact the union. I believe you'll find that an employer can not restrict what you talk about while on break or lunch (as long as it's not of a criminal nature or sexually harassing). If they do all non-work related discussion must be restricted. If they refuse to do so, it's a type of discrimination. Contact legal aide and find out.
    Last edited by ronwill; 05-21-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added Info

  2.   
  3. #12
    Thanks guys! No I am not union. I guess I just got to suck it up and deal with. Point is, PRMA sucks to be in. I honestly want to move reallly bad. Its pretty bad I can't happily exercise my 2A right, but apparently we are loosing our 1A as well.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Angry Contact the ACLU

    See if they will take your case! They seem to love free speech. If they won't go get a real lawyer and drag the company and the ACLU into court. One for restricting free speech and the other for failure to follow it's charter. you should be able to make some cash out of the deal.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  5. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    See if they will take your case! They seem to love free speech. If they won't go get a real lawyer and drag the company and the ACLU into court. One for restricting free speech and the other for failure to follow it's charter. you should be able to make some cash out of the deal.

    Festus wake up, This is private property and on that property they can direct you to what can and cannot be talked about. It is their right. Even in a union shop.

    Either he needs to suck it up like a man and move on or quit on principle.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Festus wake up, This is private property and on that property they can direct you to what can and cannot be talked about. It is their right. Even in a union shop.

    Either he needs to suck it up like a man and move on or quit on principle.
    Nope, this is HR land, and who knows what goes on there. Private property or not, as an employee, he has rights and privilages guaranteed in law. I do not know what those might be, but I am fairly certain he cannot legally be disciplined for talking about guns. If he wants to fight it, he should hire a lawyer and find out....
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #16
    When someone decides to become an employer they are bound by certain laws. Just because they own the business doesn't mean they can do what ever they want with employees. I would contact an attorney familiar with work place laws and see what recourse may be possible.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Sooooo I come in the office this morning (first day in this week due to illness) and get immediately stopped by my manager. He informs me that a fellow employee (he even told me their name), logged a formal complaint against me with HR. I was shocked, I said what for. He started to laugh and said "For talking about firearms". I said you have got to be kidding me! I went down to HR and spoke to them about it and yup! I am now in trouble for talking about firearms. Can you believe that ****? Like because I speak about my hobby with other people whom I'm friends with here. I am so heated right now.
    This happened to me too.
    Apparently two employee's said I spoke of guns and it scared them,and they did not feel comfortable working with me. One employee stated he was a ex-snipper for the Army,the other retired Navy man,they were both first talking about guns,and I only joined in to the conversation for fun,they never said anything to me,then all of a sudden I'm called in to the managers office being told not to talk about guns anymore,and that two people complained and don't want to work with me anymore.

    Just BULL

    Promotions were up coming,and this might of been there way of disqualifying me,or getting me out of there way for advancement???

    Who knows,just BULL !!!

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    This happened to me too.
    Apparently two employee's said I spoke of guns and it scared them,and they did not feel comfortable working with me. One employee stated he was a ex-snipper for the Army,the other retired Navy man,they were both first talking about guns,and I only joined in to the conversation for fun,they never said anything to me,then all of a sudden I'm called in to the managers office being told not to talk about guns anymore,and that two people complained and don't want to work with me anymore.

    Just BULL

    Promotions were up coming,and this might of been there way of disqualifying me,or getting me out of there way for advancement???

    Who knows,just BULL !!!
    Totalllllll BS! Like I don't understand how talking about a hobby with a fellow friend offensive to others. There really isn't anything I can do if I wish to stay employed here except take it like a man and move on. I love how we can't even talk about things anymore in this country. I am in total shock, I don't know why though, shouldn't surprise me in PRMA.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  10. #19
    You should file a complaint against the complainer, their irrational fear of conversation is disturbing to you and creates a hostile work environment.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Totalllllll BS! Like I don't understand how talking about a hobby with a fellow friend offensive to others. There really isn't anything I can do if I wish to stay employed here except take it like a man and move on. I love how we can't even talk about things anymore in this country. I am in total shock, I don't know why though, shouldn't surprise me in PRMA.
    Well I did not get fired.
    They just warned me.
    So I am very carful who I talk too now!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast