Dumbest HR Complaint ever! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Harassment in the work place is a very broad and vague. Best thing to do is to is bite your tongue and drop it. You can be terminated for it. Obviously if you were working in a place where firearms related to the business the complaint would have little to no merit. However you don't.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Harassment in the work place is a very broad and vague. Best thing to do is to is bite your tongue and drop it. You can be terminated for it. Obviously if you were working in a place where firearms related to the business the complaint would have little to no merit. However you don't.
    I know the only thing I can do is just keep hush hush about it. I really don't have any recourse. I think it is unfair that I have to give up my right more or less for freedom of speech, and have to change who I am as a person, because of one D.U.M.B Tree huger. I don't agree with the verdict nor the complaint. I never spoke about my hobby in a violent manner, I only spoke about the hobby itself. I really do wish there was something I could do within the company instead of just taking it. I do plan to take it like a man, I just wish there was something that could be done about it. Losing really isn't something I'd like to do here, I can't stand this person haha. Not to sound like a cry baby or anything.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  4. #23
    You can't spell WORTHLESS MORON without H-R. . .

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation Time to play the victim card

    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I know the only thing I can do is just keep hush hush about it. I really don't have any recourse. I think it is unfair that I have to give up my right more or less for freedom of speech, and have to change who I am as a person, because of one D.U.M.B Tree huger. I don't agree with the verdict nor the complaint. I never spoke about my hobby in a violent manner, I only spoke about the hobby itself. I really do wish there was something I could do within the company instead of just taking it. I do plan to take it like a man, I just wish there was something that could be done about it. Losing really isn't something I'd like to do here, I can't stand this person haha. Not to sound like a cry baby or anything.
    It has worked for liberals for years. You are the victim of a ruthless and untruthful attack on your gredibility and integrity. Let HR know that you feel as if you have been victimized by your co-workers and that you are definitely in the minority. Also have HR compare your work record to theirs. If you are anything less than a quality individual you would not be in the line of work you are in. Also ask them to show you in the employee policy handbook where it is a forbidden subject. Make sure you have a copy first and then when you have proved your case...go lawyer up and own that damn place for discrimination!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Sooooo I come in the office this morning (first day in this week due to illness) and get immediately stopped by my manager. He informs me that a fellow employee (he even told me their name), logged a formal complaint against me with HR. I was shocked, I said what for. He started to laugh and said "For talking about firearms". I said you have got to be kidding me! I went down to HR and spoke to them about it and yup! I am now in trouble for talking about firearms. Can you believe that ****? Like because I speak about my hobby with other people whom I'm friends with here. I am so heated right now.
    I, too, work at a place where conversations about firearms are limited, because the chatter 'frightened' another employee. So we changed to code words, like 'flashlights' (handguns), 'spotlights' (rifles), 'batteries' (ammo), etc. The next few conversations were interesting, and reported. However, HR tolerates the code words, and it makes the reporter seem foolish. I've taken to carrying a real flashlight just 'because'.

    N38° 19' 56.52" W85° 45' 8.56"
    Semper Gumby
    Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.

  7. #26
    that is some serious bull crap.. I'd be looking for some new work. that is a huge slap in the face.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  8. #27
    Everyone in here can quote 2A word for word even down to the commas and periods but most seem to have never even read 1A.

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Where does it say eimployers unless your employer is CONGRESS.

  9. #28
    I'm in a place like that as well. We are supposed to report anyone who talks excessivly about guns. Luckily the few people in our group either talks guns everyday or likes to hear about them. Any person walking by, though, could have us turned in to be examined for being fit to work around others. We have to take annual training courses on how to watch out for people like us. The irony is: I work for a company that makes/designs military weapons. go figure.

  10. #29
    I honestly don't understand how merely talking about something from a hobby perspective (the conversation was never violent) can get you in trouble to where you "CAN'T" talk about it anymore. I feel as if I am the one who should be making the stink here. I have another appointment with HR next week. I wonder what’s going to happen. I have the NRA Logo and 2A as my desktop backgrounds and I refuse to take those down.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Head of the Lakes, MN
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I honestly don't understand how merely talking about something from a hobby perspective (the conversation was never violent) can get you in trouble to where you "CAN'T" talk about it anymore. I feel as if I am the one who should be making the stink here. I have another appointment with HR next week. I wonder what’s going to happen. I have the NRA Logo and 2A as my desktop backgrounds and I refuse to take those down.
    Get that resume updated! Good luck with HR.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast