Dumbest HR Complaint ever! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

Quote Originally Posted by MNSteve View Post
    Get that resume updated! Good luck with HR.
    Did that last night :)
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. Where I work, We talk about firearms and related topics all the time.
    Most of the people I work with have their CCW including several of the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by XD45SWMo View Post
    Man, I feel sorry for you guys. Where I work, We talk about firearms and related topics all the time.
    Most of the people I work with have their CCW including several of the bosses.
    Me, too. Our GM is the biggest gun nut of all! He doesn't flaunt it, but when the subject comes up, he will certainly join in the discussion. I even spent close to an hour in his office discussing the company policy against guns in the office (because I want one in my desk), which led into a general conversation about guns, practicing, licensing, etc. He's probably got more guns than anyone else that works here (well over 300 people).

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Me, too. Our GM is the biggest gun nut of all! He doesn't flaunt it, but when the subject comes up, he will certainly join in the discussion. I even spent close to an hour in his office discussing the company policy against guns in the office (because I want one in my desk), which led into a general conversation about guns, practicing, licensing, etc. He's probably got more guns than anyone else that works here (well over 300 people).
    Our CEO is a hunter, but yet we have a no firearm policy (I guess I shouldn't be surprised its PRMA). I told HR I wouldn't change who I was and firearms would remain part of my topics I talk about with my friends (whom are all firearm nuts like all of us here). I just can't say anything in front of the dumb B**** that got offended by the word firearm. Like OHHHHHHH NOOOOOO HE SAID GUN! Please! You guys should see this person's desk. The bigget NOBAMA MAMA Lover! Everything on her desk is OBAMA. Haha Ohhhh How I love PRMA!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Blog Entries
    I work at a University and every door is posted with a "Do Not Carry sign"

But, there is probably enough fire power in the parking lot to handle any situation.

We have about 25 employees in the Physical Plant and my Carpenter has a "Got Sig" poster on his work bench.

In the lunch room we discuss hunting, fishing and shooting about 90% of the time.

Some of our main topics is "whens the next advanced CC class, or do you want to meet at the sportsmans club and do some shooting this weekend?

I have a weekly meeting with the Director of the department, and usually our conversation turns from work to shooting or hunting. He had hunted for 22 years and never got a deer, I started working there 7 years ago and now he gets a deer about every year since.

I have been coaching him, and showing him the fine art of black powder shooting.

No better way to practice one shot one kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    I work at a University and every door is posted with a "Do Not Carry sign"

But, there is probably enough fire power in the parking lot to handle any situation.
    At the college where I work it is about the same way. Out of the 6 top officials at the college 3 of them have CWP and I know two more carry a gun in their car on campus even though it may be illegal. At least 1/3 of the staff is also armed. At the elementary school where my wife teaches three of the teachers are married to LEO and they along with many other teachers keep a gun in their car. This is strictly illegal but at lesat around here the thought is bahave yourself and it will be our little secret.

Only in America

This is the first time I have ever heard of you can,t talk about guns in a work place! I,ve worked for 30+years and have always been able to talk about anything I wanted to. One day we will wake up and find ourselves like Russia. This is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by shingman2 View Post
    This is the first time I have ever heard of you can,t talk about guns in a work place! I,ve worked for 30+years and have always been able to talk about anything I wanted to. One day we will wake up and find ourselves like Russia. This is wrong!
    I agree that the gun talk ban is pretty dumb but ever been around some wimmins at work when they start talking about their "biological" problems. As a male you either have to leave or tell them to shut up.
    Last edited by FN1910; 05-23-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: to add the word ban to gun talk before someone takes it wrong.

I once worked at a place and they had a bulliten boardwhereyou can post events orthings for sale. I wanted to post an ad for an upcoming gun show and they said I couldn't because it was promoting violence.
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I agree that the gun talk ban is pretty dumb but ever been around some wimmins at work when they start talking about their "biological" problems. As a male you either have to leave or tell them to shut up.
    Touche! I'm a woman and I really don't care one whit about another woman's "periodical." Why should I? My first hubby talked about nothing but cars and engines 24/7/365. That was annoying. Anything obsessive is annoying. Anything but 2A and firearms, that is not obsessive that's DYNAMITE!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast