Dumbest HR Complaint ever!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

Sooooo I come in the office this morning (first day in this week due to illness) and get immediately stopped by my manager. He informs me that a fellow employee (he even told me their name), logged a formal complaint against me with HR. I was shocked, I said what for. He started to laugh and said "For talking about firearms". I said you have got to be kidding me! I went down to HR and spoke to them about it and yup! I am now in trouble for talking about firearms. Can you believe that ****? Like because I speak about my hobby with other people whom I'm friends with here. I am so heated right now.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Was there a specific rule that they claim you broke?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

no....its crazy. They more or less told me to stop talking with my friends here about our hobbies. I was like your kidding me right? I think its time ti update my resume.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Maybe you should invite the higher-ups to the range.(as well as the complaintant, if you ever find out who it is)
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    no....its crazy. They more or less told me to stop talking with my friends here about our hobbies. I was like your kidding me right? I think its time ti update my resume.
    you mean you cannot talk about hunting, upcoming bills and new laws regarding firearms, and target/competitive shooting? These are all legitimate discussion topics... [sarcasm]HR might as well consider banning other hot-button issues such as religion, pro-life/pro-choice issues, capital punishment/death penalty, and lifestyles.[/sarcasm]. I mean really... These are adult conversations, right? Talking about guns isn't sexual harrassment.

- Ceicei

7. Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Time to get even, File complaints on everyone every time you hear someone talking about anything but work. The nonsense will stop

Question

I am not a lawyer, But Isn't that a violation of your 1A Rights?
    Semper Fi

9. Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    NO it is not, this is happening on private property and the owner has a right to limit speech as he see's fit. That is his 1st amendment rights

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Nope, 1A has nothing to do with private property or private individuals restricting speech. 1A only covers the government from restricting what you can talk about. In your house you can tell anyone you want to shut up and not say a word, their only options then are to shut up or leave. Same way with a business or employer.

Life's a beach. Then the tide comes in.

You might ask your supervisor and/or HR if there are any other commonly discussed topics that are off limits. If there are any topics you might find offensive, say, pulp or no pulp in orange juice, let them know when someone talks about it and offends you!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast