Best Permits To Have

Thread: Best Permits To Have

Best Permits To Have

I live in South Carolina and have a SC - CWP. I have applied for a Non Res New Hampshire. What other permits should I apply for if any.

That just depends on the states you'll traveling in. For my needs my SC and my NH non-resident fills my needs. If there are specific states you need a permit for list the states and someone will suggest the correct permits you'll need.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    I live in South Carolina and have a SC - CWP. I have applied for a Non Res New Hampshire. What other permits should I apply for if any.
    I'd recommend getting a UT non-resident CFP. Initial permit fee is $65.25, renewals are only $10, and the permit is valid for 5 years. It's currently one of the most widely accepted permit.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. florida

Use the state reciprocity map built right into this site:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Click on SC first to establish your resident permit, then click on other states that you are thinking of getting a non-resident permit in. The map will then show you which states you would be legal in based on state-to-state reciprocity.

Your SC and NH permits will allow you to carry in about 31 states already!

Please note that laws vary widely from state to state, and it is not enough to have a permit in a state in order to safely carry there. You must also know that state's laws about carrying there. For example, some states will not permit you to carry your weapon in any establishment that serves alcohol, including restaurants that have a bar. Others prohibit carrying on the grounds of any establishment used for education. Research the state you are going to visit before going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'd recommend getting a UT non-resident CFP. Initial permit fee is $65.25, renewals are only $10, and the permit is valid for 5 years. It's currently one of the most widely accepted permit.

gf
    +1 for the non res utah permit.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Utah is about as good as it gets, however there are states that do not honor non-resident permits