Interesting Day at the Dog Park - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Day at the Dog Park

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Remember, her ignorance is probably not her fault. She has been brainwashed for all of her life. We need to be gentle, non-judgemental, and compassionate with her. She may have had a family memeber or friend who was killed in a drive by, we do not know her trauma.

How I think we should approach something like this is to say something like "People use hollowpoints so the bullets don't go through walls and kill the kids in the next room, they're actually safer."

It will probably not get a positive response, but by staying friendly, pleasant and not trying to shove it down their throats, we become "that nice person who might like guns" rather than a gun nut. And, we might find someone who is willing to listen. Use pleasant reason not passion and paranoia.

Good points. We need to correct misguided oppinions but in a way that will not give them more reason to think we are a bunch of nuts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Just this last weekend I had to explain about hollow points to my future mother-in-law. She was ignorant of the fact that they are essential in a self-defense gun because, like most, she has only gotten her information about guns from the media. It took a little explaining about stopping power and what not but she now understands why mine and her daughter's guns are loaded with JHP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp_sH00tEr24 View Post
    Just this last weekend I had to explain about hollow points to my future mother-in-law. She was ignorant of the fact that they are essential in a self-defense gun because, like most, she has only gotten her information about guns from the media. It took a little explaining about stopping power and what not but she now understands why mine and her daughter's guns are loaded with JHP's.
    My favorite response from people is "Why do you need cop killer bullets?" I usually do not even respond to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    My favorite response from people is "Why do you need cop killer bullets?" I usually do not even respond to these people.
    these are probably the people who need the proper response the most. otherwise they will just keep getting their misguided info from the wrong sources.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

"Cop killer bullets"? Our gene pool needs a good cleansing.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12