Pharmacist Who Shot Man Robbing Store Charged With Murder - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharmacist Who Shot Man Robbing Store Charged With Murder

A follow up on this story.

Folk Hero or Killer: Druggist Who Killed Robber - ABC News

Jevontia Ingram, the 14-year-old boy accused of wielding the gun in the robbery, was arrested Thursday. The district attorney on Friday filed a first-degree murder charge against him, as well as against a man accused of being the getaway driver, and another man suspected of helping talk the teens into the crime.

The charges accuse all three of sharing responsibility for Parker's shooting death.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

But honestly, I would like to hear his argument for this kid being a threat to him while the kid was on the ground unconscious.

The media seems to be hyping the hell out of this against the guy. The video shows no proof one way or another. We don't know what he was doing on the ground, and I hesitate to believe that he was "unconscious".

Sorta like the case here in Memphis a couple months ago. Two dudes got in an arugment about a parking spot, & the other dude went to his car for a gun. He came back and killed the other guy. The media made a firestorm about it, as well. You know, the typical "anti" crap that carriers are off their rockers. Well when the story developed more, the "innocent victim" started to look like an antagonizer. The media backed off IMMEDIATELY. Nothing new on it since.

As with my example, this one will play out in trial. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six. But some days, I wonder if being carried by 6 would be more prefereable than the condescention in just one internet forum.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

It is correct that we do not know the status of the guy off camera, and we do not know the status of the women, however what we do know is that prior to the second gun and the five shots, the owner was able not only to calmly walk around the store but to leave the store. He had no problem walking past the downed perp with his back to him. Even if the women were cowering in the back he could have told them to leave, apparently pretty safely because he was standing facing away from the perp getting a second gun.

We do know he did not decide to fire the five shots because the perp came to life and drew on him as that perp did not have a gun. His defense is "when do you turn the adreniline switch off", the answer is after you've made it outside and before you pick up a second gun.

I will reserve judgement but stand with my original statement that he probably does not want me on his jury ... I just don't see much room for an acquittal here.

I agree with Red Hat - the pharmacist doesn't seem to be shooting a second time...there doens't seem to be any recoil or movement other than the guy looking at the BG. I'll wait for further information before passing judgement. But if the pharm DID shoot the BG while he was laying on the floor, I'd have to say he's probably in deep doo-doo.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I agree with Red Hat - the pharmacist doesn't seem to be shooting a second time...there doens't seem to be any recoil or movement other than the guy looking at the BG. I'll wait for further information before passing judgement. But if the pharm DID shoot the BG while he was laying on the floor, I'd have to say he's probably in deep doo-doo.
    That is something that I looked for several time as did he fire five shots in 1.5 seconds. We can't see it and doesn't seem to have been able so where did the five bullet holes come from. Personal fellings aside he is in deep doo-doo unless ther is more that what we have seen and heard.

I agree that the media might have clouded my judgment. This happened fairly close to me so it is on the news every single night with their "facts".

Right now they are trying to determine if it was all one incident or if it was two incidents. If it is ruled to be two incidents then dude is in big trouble.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I agree that the media might have clouded my judgment. This happened fairly close to me so it is on the news every single night with their "facts".

Right now they are trying to determine if it was all one incident or if it was two incidents. If it is ruled to be two incidents then dude is in big trouble.
    Holy Crap ... I never thought of that!

So are you saying they want to make it the "robbery and defensive head shot" as one incident and the "five shots to the abdomen on the 'downed' guy" as a separate incident ?? Separating basically before he ran out the door and after he came back into the shop.

That would eliminate the capital murder charges against the other two robbers becaue the victim was still alive at the time the first incident ends (according to the autopsy, not conjecture) and would simply HANG the pharmacist on the charge of murder the same as if he found a vagrant asleep on the street and pumped five rounds into his gut for kicks.

WOW, that's creative proscecution and defense, please keep us posted on what happens in that regard.

9. As I understand it, witness statements seem to indicate the robber was wiggling around and reaching for his bag when the pharmacist shoots him. If true, I think he will be OK.
    Also, they are going for murder 1. I cannot see the DA winning premeditated murder in this situation.

But, who knows what a Jury will do.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

One other thought. If he only fired one shot then why did he go back and change firearms. The only reason I can think of...he was empty because he fired all 5 or 6 rounds the first time and he wanted a loaded one just.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast