OMG - Gun Safety? - Run don't Walk! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG - Gun Safety? - Run don't Walk!

Shop and gun range I use always shows the people the need to know things about any gun they are renting or buying. And also has written rules for the range that you must sign after reading. Of course having atleast a couple of people who work there as current LEOs tends to make them a little more safety concerned. They don't require their ammo but will not allow Wolf or Bear ammo or reloads. If you buy their ammo, you get a discount on the range time. The price of their ammo just about matches what you can buy it for online after you include shipping. Example is 230 gr FMJ Remington UMC .45.
    Online, 500 rds at $199.99 + $20 s&h + $15 for 1/2hr indoor range time = $234.99
    Store, (10) bx/50 @ $22.00 each = $220.00 + $12 for 1/2hr indoor range time = $232.00

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Shop and gun range I use always shows the people the need to know things about any gun they are renting or buying. And also has written rules for the range that you must sign after reading. Of course having atleast a couple of people who work there as current LEOs tends to make them a little more safety concerned. They don't require their ammo but will not allow Wolf or Bear ammo or reloads. If you buy their ammo, you get a discount on the range time. The price of their ammo just about matches what you can buy it for online after you include shipping. Example is 230 gr FMJ Remington UMC .45.
    Online, 500 rds at $199.99 + $20 s&h + $15 for 1/2hr indoor range time = $234.99
    Store, (10) bx/50 @ $22.00 each = $220.00 + $12 for 1/2hr indoor range time = $232.00
    I'm glad that you are willing and able to help! We all need to stick together, esp nowadays. Wolf, Bear, Tul Ammo, RWS, etc are all steel core, which destroy the backstops and bullet traps. BTW S&W, I know that you already know this, but some other readers probably won't.
    I agree with the strict safety rules. I watched a guy changing a magazine all wrong one day. He turned the gun on its side and pointed it right at the stall I had just been in. He jammed the magazine into the well with his finger on the trigger. For those who don't know this, with some guns, when you insert the magazine into a gun with locked-back condition, the slide immediately slams itself closed (thus chambering a round). How the gun didn't discharge, I simply don't know!

schools should teach gun classes

as i have said before on another thread...

this is one of the many reasons gun safety should be taught in school....

we have safe sex classes.....we have driving classes......which are not even protected rights in the US ...we should have gun safety or hunter education classes MANDATED for every child.....

should start as early as 3rd grade for basic safety course and graduate up to actual gun handling class later on...

this would also make the "guns are bad" myth go away permanently.....

Cool

This is my biggest fear of the Glock trigger safety and why I NEVER put my finger on the trigger until I am ready to fire. That seemed to be a young fellow in the film and I hope he realizes what he did wrong so he is able to grow older.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    This is my biggest fear of the Glock trigger safety and why I NEVER put my finger on the trigger until I am ready to fire. That seemed to be a young fellow in the film and I hope he realizes what he did wrong so he is able to grow older.
    Roger that Grunt, also if you keep your finger extended along the firearm you're performing POINT-N-SHOOT as demonstrated in another thread. ONLY when ready to fire do you insert finger and squeeze off the rounds.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

'Glock accident' video

The guy in the video was running with his finger ON THE TRIGGER! It's not the Glocks fault- it's the kids fault for having his finger on the trigger while running. There used to be another video along similar lines involving a 1911. Same thing- finger on the trigger at the wrong time. With these two guys, anytime their finger is NEAR a trigger, it's time for the rest of us to duck for cover....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12