The 5 worst shall issue CCW states
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: The 5 worst shall issue CCW states

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650

    The 5 worst shall issue CCW states

    5. Missouri: Missouri's inclusion on this list might surprise a few people, but I included it because I dislike its provision that makes carrying while riding on public transportation a felony. That excludes many business travelers in both Kansas City and St. Louis, which last year was ranked the most dangerous city in the nation. How are bus riders supposed to protect themselves if they can't carry while going from point A to point B?

    4. New Mexico: New Mexico is the only state whose permit only allows people to carry the caliber they qualify with during their training, and all smaller calibers. Also, anyone carrying concealed in New Mexico is only allowed to carry one concealed gun at a time. Finally, prior to the law being changed last year, concealed carry in establishments that sold alcohol, even for off-premises consumption (such as gas stations) was a felony; open carry in these places is still a felony.

    3. Georgia: In Georgia, it is illegal to carry concealed at "'public gatherings'" which include, but shall not be limited to..." That language in Georgia's concealed carry law has entrapped many otherwise law abiding citizens, some of whom have been arrested at Wal Mart for violating the "public gathering" provision. Also, it is a felony to carry while on public transportation, or for that matter, while in the parking lots of the facilities being served by public tranportation. So much for relying on public transportation if you are a permit holder.

    2. Ohio: Ohio's asinine car carry provision, by itself, is enough for it to be on this list. Prior to the legislature's override of Governor Bob Taft's veto in 2006, permit holders, whether they were drivers or passengers in private vehicles, were only allowed to carry their handguns in plain sight on their person. Handguns not carried on the person could only be carried in a locked glovebox or in a lockable container. Even with the new law, which allowed permit holders to carry concealed on their persons, handguns not carried on the person can only be carried in a bag or purse, or locked away. They cannot be carried in the console or under the seat.

    1. North Carolina: North Carolina's list of off limits places include public gatherings, which include, but are not limited to, funeral processions, parades, rallies and protests. Also, no carry is allowed in places that charge an admission fee, in "areas of emergencies and riots" or in places where they would be going "armed to the terror of the people." Finally concealed carry is not allowed in "financial institutions." It is virtually impossible for a law abiding citizen in North Carolina to carry over the course of the day without running afoul of the law at some point.

  2.   
  3. #2

    Missouri

    Yep!!! Truly asinine. I am of the opinion that having passed this law, and since I hold a valid Missouri CCW and if allowed would have the responsibility to defend myself from attack, the state of Missouri is guaranteeing my security on public transportation and going to and from a police station. If attacked on public transportation and I survive the attack we will find out in court if the state of Missouri is responsible for my security since they have denied me the right to defend myself.

  4. #3
    The Commiewealth of Massachusetts

    1: they MAY ISSUE you a LTC
    2: if issued, its MOST LIKELY VERY RESTRICTED
    3: pray that you NEVER have to use your weapon to defend yourself, you're likely to be in as much trouble with the law as the bad guys are

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drakes Creek, AR
    Posts
    371
    I just HATE stupid laws!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingMass View Post
    The Commiewealth of Massachusetts

    1: they MAY ISSUE you a LTC
    2: if issued, its MOST LIKELY VERY RESTRICTED
    3: pray that you NEVER have to use your weapon to defend yourself, you're likely to be in as much trouble with the law as the bad guys are

    Actually, a couple of months ago I included Massachussetts on my list of the socialistic nine. However, if you had paid attention to the title post, you would see that Massachussetts does not belong on the list that I provided on this thread, because this thread is about the five worst SHALL ISSUE states. Massachussetts is may issue, therefore it does not belong.

  7. #6

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Actually, a couple of months ago I included Massachussetts on my list of the socialistic nine. However, if you had paid attention to the title post, you would see that Massachussetts does not belong on the list that I provided on this thread, because this thread is about the five worst SHALL ISSUE states. Massachussetts is may issue, therefore it does not belong.

    my mistake

    didnt notice it was SHALL ISSUE specific.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingMass View Post
    The Commiewealth of Massachusetts

    you're likely to be in as much trouble with the law as the bad guys are
    I disagree! You will likely be in more trouble than the BGs!

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    I disagree! You will likely be in more trouble than the
    BGs!

    Unless you are a senator and you drown some one.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Unless you are a senator and you drown some one.

    Wrong again! What you should've said was that unless you're a KENNEDY and you drown someone!:D

  11. #10

    Kennedy

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Wrong again! What you should've said was that unless you're a KENNEDY and you drown someone!:D
    It was he whom I had in mind.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast