What's the best pocket carry capable revolver - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best pocket carry capable revolver

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    When someone mentions, carry in their pocket or carry in their purse, are they generally speaking of carrying without a holster? I was taught you should Never carry a firearm with or without a Hammer in a pocket/purse due to the fact that it CAN and WILL get caught on something with damaging results to ya or someone else. I'm not going to get into this topic to deep because of going off topic but thought I would mention it. I see Alot on here about carrying in said pocket or purse etc.
    Pocket carry is usually all I do but it is ALWAYS in a holster designed for that purpose. I don't know of a whole lot of people who pocket carry without a holster ... at least not that post here. Most of the posts will identify what holster they are using. For example I pocket carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT and a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser grips. For each of them I have a www.pocketholsters.com leather convertible holster with billfold backer ... no printing, good draw.

I currently have a Ruger SP101 in .357 and it has a hammer. It works fine, but I didn't originally buy it with pocket carry in mind. It's fairly heavy, but very reliable.

If I were shopping for a pocket revolver, I'd probably go with the Ruger LCR. I got to handle one at the NRA Annual Meetings and I thought if was very impressive. My 2nd choice would be one of the S&W airweights.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

4. From a reliability perspective, you cannot go wrong with S&W 438, 638, 442, 642 (38+p) or 340, 640, 649 (357mag or 38+p), all hammerless. Visit your local retailer and find the one that best fits your hand. I've owned numerous S&W's, both revolvers and pistols, and I have loved every one of them.
    NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. I just came home with a new s&w 442 and cant wait to get it out to the range, just waiting on the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp_sH00tEr24 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. I just came home with a new s&w 442 and cant wait to get it out to the range, just waiting on the ammo.
    Good choice, You asked what was the best revolver for pocket carry and I have to say you probably got it.

I have a S&W 340PD chambered for .357 with Craig Spegel Cocobolo grips. I bought it back in 2002. It is an excellent pocket gun. I shoot .38spcl at the range and carry it with .357mag. Theory being, once Mr Adrenaline kicks in, you won't feel that mule kickin' in your hand.

Four things belong in your pocket: Comb, Wallet, Car keys and a S&W J Frame!

I had a 442 for a week. Everyone that handled wanted to take it home. My brother ended up with it. Now I have to get another one. Good choice.

Ruger LCR!!!!!
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

NAA SA revolver. Most petite.

S&W Model 38 (638), can be fired more than once, DA, from inside your pocket.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast