What's the best pocket carry capable revolver - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's the best pocket carry capable revolver

taurus model 605 357 mag with C.T. grips. fits in the front pockets of your jeans an is easy to get to, if ya have too

Go to the shop and try a Khar PM-9 or a Keltec PF-9, There both real flat and don't print. If you decide on a pocket auto, Make sure that you get the clip extention for your pinky finger. I carry one, I took a IWB holster and removed the belt clip. it will carry nicely in your back pocket.

best lightweight

When I can't easily carry my XP45, you will fing the S&W 442 with Barami Hip Grips in my waistband. No holster for the little wheel gun. I also do not load +P for carry. Second shot placement is too important with a non-major round. Light weight carry + regular pressure load is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    When someone mentions, carry in their pocket or carry in their purse, are they generally speaking of carrying without a holster? I was taught you should Never carry a firearm with or without a Hammer in a pocket/purse due to the fact that it CAN and WILL get caught on something with damaging results to ya or someone else. I'm not going to get into this topic to deep because of going off topic but thought I would mention it. I see Alot on here about carrying in said pocket or purse etc.

1911 Headbanger- You say you have had them all or have shot them all..... Does this include a HiPoint too? I own three HiPoints and have NEVER had a problem. I've read where Some people do and some do not. That still does not make it a terrible brand. Doesn't everyone have issues with their firearms? Obviously, they (HP) are not the best firearm, but they are accurate, shoot well, they are also big and ugly, and affordable for someone on a "budget". HP was my brand when I first started shooting. Now, with $ saved I upgraded to Other brands. My C9 is just too bulky which is why I do not carry it all the time, but I would still trust it with my life. I'm sure you've been around longer and have had more experience with many weapons than me, but to say "They were bought out by the same people that own and operate "Hi-Point" if that tells you anything", is like getting into the Ford is better than Chevy or vice versa wars. They are all mechanical and they ALL have issues. Sorry folks for going Off topic, but I didn't want to open a new thread and wanted to comment on the above issues. Maybe a new post for another time.
    99.9 percent of us on this forum who when speaking of pocket carry, use a pocket holster. Most holster mfg's make pocket holsters for this application. Hope that helps.

By the way, most all snub nose revolvers are excellent for pocket carry. Reliable too...pull trigger, goes bang.

I like my S&W 442 .38

442 Smith with a good self defence +p round for when carrying, plain FMJ stuff for range duty, I keep mine in a ankle rig works great

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    99.9 percent of us on this forum who when speaking of pocket carry, use a pocket holster. Most holster mfg's make pocket holsters for this application. Hope that helps.

By the way, most all snub nose revolvers are excellent for pocket carry. Reliable too...pull trigger, goes bang.
    EXACTLY. +1. Taurus 851 CIA here - 5rd 2-inch .38 (+P)
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

9. Kahr PM 40 ... Small, Flat, 21 oz. Loaded;
    Kahr PM 9 ... Small, Flatter, 19 oz. Loaded;
    Diamondback 380 ... Smaller, Flatter, 12.5 oz Loaded;
    & all 3 have Real Sights!
    -Kevin

Personally I like the S&W 642. It is hammerless and is rated for +P rounds. I even put a crimson trace laser grip on it for daily carry.

11. I apologize to all readers of this thread!

I looked at the thread title on a portable device that cut off part of the title, I missed the "REVOLVER" part completely, and I posted babbling about my favorite pocket autos.

Sorry for being a blockhead!
    -Kevin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast