Man Shoots 16-Year-Old Mugger - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man Shoots 16-Year-Old Mugger

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Scott View Post
    Actually, he did at least one thing wrong: He used too small a gun. On the other hand a larger gun may not have fit in his pocket and this was an ideal time for a pocket pistol. I'd sure want to totally stop an assailant with a shotgun, though.
    He did another thing wrong - he didn't shoot the kid enough times. Unless my gun jams, anyone I point my gun at will receive at least 4 rounds. And if he's still wiggling around after that, I have 9 more, and at least one extra mag.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    He did another thing wrong - he didn't shoot the kid enough times. Unless my gun jams, anyone I point my gun at will receive at least 4 rounds. And if he's still wiggling around after that, I have 9 more, and at least one extra mag.
    But the Pharmacist that did that is up on murder charges. Oh, that's right he stopped by and shot a few more times

From what I gleaned from the report, the kid was shot once. I don't advocate shooting him once, and then getting out of the car, chasing him down and executing him. But while the kid was holding a gun on ME, I would have fired several times to make sure he wasn't capable of shooting back.

I have an XD-40 with 13 rounds, and I could have put at least 4 of them into the kid before he could exhale. And after that, I don't think he would be able to retreat, or breathe, anymore.
    -= Piece Corps =-

...shoot until the attack stops, period. Doesn't matter if it's one round, or the entire cylinder/magazine.

... just my two cents
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post

Amen to that. I totally agree.

To qualify any statements I may have made in this matter -

The idea is to stop/remove the threat. I would fire at least 3-4 rounds simply because it would only take me around 1.5 seconds to do so. I don't think that one round will ALWAYS stop a perp, and this kid is proof. He retreated from the vehicle, but he could have turned around and opened fire.

I don't believe in executions, and as always, we do NOT shoot to kill. We shoot to stop the threat. We shoot when we are in fear for our lives. When someone points a gun at me, it instantly becomes me or him. And if I have my way, it ain't gonna be me.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Originally Posted by Piece Corps
    ...and if the threat is negated after the second round, and your actions are witnessed, you'll go to jail. Your call.... and congratulations on being able to know ahead of time just how many rounds you're gonna use.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

I always taught students to double tap if you fire. Now it's recommended to triple tap. So three or more rounds will give you an advantage to insure that the threat has been stopped. If someone points a gun at me no matter the age, I'm going to make sure they don't have a chance to pull the trigger.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I think it is Gabe Saurez, someone correct me if I am wrong, that teaches "shoot em to the ground". If that takes 2 rounds or 12 so be it. If I have to pull the trigger it is not my intent to kill but rather to keep from being killed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If someone is standing at my truck window, pointing a gun in my face, I will fire at the threat until it is no longer in my window. I say "4 shots" because I have practiced 3 and 4-shot "taps" with my XD-40, and I can truthfully say that at less than 3 feet, I can put 4 rounds into a target in 1.5 seconds. I have 12+1 in the gun, so that still leaves me with 9 rounds if the threat is still standing there, which would be hard to imagine after taking 4 .40cal JHPs in the chest.

And I think the only witnesses close enough to state how many shots I fired would be "friends" of the perp, and I doubt they would be very credible witnesses.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast