Would you use an AK-47 on a snake?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you use an AK-47 on a snake?

Would you use an AK-47 on a snake?

There are lots of details left out of this but I thought it was unusual for AK-47's to be use for snake hunting.

Guns, not charm, expel snakes from police hub - MSNBC's Top News - MSNBC.com

Guns, not charm, expel snakes from police hub
    Power hoses, AK-47 rifles used on 400 cobras, vipers in Sierra Leone station

FREETOWN - Power hoses and AK-47 assault rifles have succeeded where Sierra Leone's snake-charmers failed by removing 400 cobras and vipers that overran a police station.

Authorities in the southern district of Bo called in police, army and fire fighters after the snakes scared away police officers and residents reporting crimes.

"We have forced water into the building and some of the snakes trying to escape were shot by our men carrying AK-47s," said Brima Kontu, head of the police station in Gerihun.

About 250 of the estimated 400 snakes who had made the station their home have been killed.

"Hopefully the combined force will be able to free the house from the snakes by next Tuesday," Kontu told Reuters.

Sierra Leone is slowly recovering from the effects of the 1991-2002 civil war and villagers frequently have run-ins with wild animals in areas of the country that were deserted during the years of fighting.

Gulp!

Sounds like fun!
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Sounds like fun!
    I 2nd that!

I don't think its overkill btw; some of those snakes can get pretty big I've heard!

Sounds like they need an army of mongoose.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Definitely don't like snakes... definitely like shooting snakes... think I would have used a shotgun myself... but to each it's own :)
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

8. If I had nothing else, sure!

That reminds me, a friend's dad wants us to come out to his property and cull the turtle population, which has been eating up all the fish in his stocked pond. I'm bringing the Mini 14.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Sounds like they need an army of mongoose.
    Wouldn't that be mongeeses?

What is the plural of the mouse you use with your computer? Everyone know it is Meeses.

To answer the question posed in the thread topic, no I would not use an AK-47 out of fear of missing. But it also seems to me like over kill. Granted some people have an irrational fear of snakes.

Well, if I was concerned about efficiency, sure I would use a shotgun. But come on, you're gonna let me go into a police station and shoot an AK (presumably a fully automatic one) at 400 moving targets? You wouldn't even have to pay me for that day!
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast