My Newest Home Seccurity Sign - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Newest Home Seccurity Sign

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    So you are going to advertise that you have guns in your house. You gonna stay there 24/7 to protect them?
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure that the house in which you live isn't occupied 100% of the time, in which case having that sign might not be such a good idea.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I really like it. Of course I'm the guy with the "Obama Sucks" bumper sticker.

If you ever do have to shoot an intruder, I'd be expecting their lawyer to try and figure out a way to use this sign against you though.

Just a thought.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

If I had to shoot an intruder, I would definitely use the sign in my defense. The perp was adequately warned that he could pay with his life if he ignored the sign. Same as with the "Bad Dog" sign. If a "bad dog" ran out and bit someone in the street, its owner would probably be in trouble. But if someone broke into a home with a "Bad Dog" sign, and got attacked by same dog, he was trespassing after a warning - no excuse.

I live in Florida, and Florida law states that I may use deadly force if someone threatens me in my own home. I think I'm really being an extra-nice guy by letting any potential home invader know in advance that they will meet with extreme resistance should they ignore my sign. We have enough people around here who have had home invasion robberies committed against them - my sign tells perps my house ain't worth it. There are enough anti-gun people around to pick on.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    If I had to shoot an intruder, I would definitely use the sign in my defense. The perp was adequately warned that he could pay with his life if he ignored the sign. Same as with the "Bad Dog" sign. If a "bad dog" ran out and bit someone in the street, its owner would probably be in trouble. But if someone broke into a home with a "Bad Dog" sign, and got attacked by same dog, he was trespassing after a warning - no excuse.

I live in Florida, and Florida law states that I may use deadly force if someone threatens me in my own home. I think I'm really being an extra-nice guy by letting any potential home invader know in advance that they will meet with extreme resistance should they ignore my sign. We have enough people around here who have had home invasion robberies committed against them - my sign tells perps my house ain't worth it. There are enough anti-gun people around to pick on.
    The only problem with that: juries don't think that way. They are mostly of a mind that if you know before hand that you will shoot someone who comes inside then you've just committed first degree murder. I think they are wrong, but they don't think so. Sad!

Once upon a time I was in the Army, in Berlin. Once in a while we'd get a guy who'd been transferred in from Turkey, where we had a couple of installations. I heard, back then, that...in Turkey...if you were in a cab which got into an accident, YOU were held liable...the idea being that if the cab wasn't taking you in that direction at your request, it wouldn't have had the accident.

Seems we're heading in the same direction.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    The only problem with that: juries don't think that way. They are mostly of a mind that if you know before hand that you will shoot someone who comes inside then you've just committed first degree murder. I think they are wrong, but they don't think so. Sad!
    Not in this neck o' the woods! We have had, oh, six or seven shootings around here by civilians in self-defense in the past 6-8 months, and most of them resulted in the death of the perp. Not one of them looks to be headed to court. One guy walked in on a perp beating a convenience store clerk, went out to his truck, got his gun, walked back inside and blew the perp away. No problem. Another guy tried breaking into a house and was shot dead through the door before he even got inside. No problem. I like living in this area, and a lot of BGs are learning that a lot of us around here don't go down so easily. And the police obviously don't mind the extra "help."
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Not in this neck o' the woods! We have had, oh, six or seven shootings around here by civilians in self-defense in the past 6-8 months, and most of them resulted in the death of the perp. Not one of them looks to be headed to court. One guy walked in on a perp beating a convenience store clerk, went out to his truck, got his gun, walked back inside and blew the perp away. No problem. Another guy tried breaking into a house and was shot dead through the door before he even got inside. No problem. I like living in this area, and a lot of BGs are learning that a lot of us around here don't go down so easily. And the police obviously don't mind the extra "help."
    Good to know. Maybe it will catch on elsewhere!

I put it in the same category of the "Licensed to Carry Armed" decal. Not the most tactically sound idea.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Nice sign. As far as the beware of dog sign goes... I have one @ each entrance. I am told that if you have one, & someone breaks in and gets bit, you gave them ample warning. I like my dogs too much to have them taken away b/c someone broke into my house, got bit, then sued b/c they weren't aware there were dogs on premises. It has happenned. We have a castle doctrine here too, which is a wondeerful law. My dogs give me the warning, then I get to defend my family. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I really like it. Of course I'm the guy with the "Obama Sucks" bumper sticker.
    LOL, I'm looking for some 'SUCKS' stickers so I can put them under Sheeples Obama stickers.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast