My Newest Home Seccurity Sign - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Newest Home Seccurity Sign

I have a 6' fence in the back of my property and 2 Beware of Dog Signs. I have 2 Pitbulls and if your dumb enough to scale a 6ft fence with those signs you deserve to be treated like a chew toy. There is no sign on the front door.

If someone were to break in I highly doubt I could be sued for them getting attacked sign or no sign.

With the beware of dogs signs you are admitting that you have viscous dogs. That is not a problem and is a warning for anone breaking in etc. However if the dogs should happen for some reason to get out then is where the signs become a liability. It would aslo become a liability if a three year-old who can't read gets into your yard. As long as the dogs stay inside the yard and children stay out you are fine. I wa involved in one case where a 10 year-old climbed up a tree and jumped over a 9' high wall to retrieve a ball out of a electical vault with signs and locks all over it. Since the power company didn't also have a top on it they paid out $1,000,000 plus medical expenses to him.

Any "Beware of Dog" sign here would make people die of laughter. My Papillion would lick them to death.

It would also become a liability if a three year-old who can't read gets into your yard.
    I disagree there. If by some miracle that happened how am I legally responsible? Now we are not talking an open door to my gate or something. A beware of dog sign is not an admission of viciousness it's a warning to the lowest common denominator at least in my case.

My dogs are not people aggressive by the way. They are well balanced I have no doubt they would fight to the death for their family.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Any "Beware of Dog" sign here would make people die of laughter. My Papillion would lick them to death.
    My Papillon would distract them by licking them, while my Dalmatian took out their carotid.
    -= Piece Corps =-

The sign is funny.... wonder if I could get a "bilingual" version?
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Very nice!! Hopefully the picture is worth a thousand languages. Here in Orlando the cops are pretty much happy with the results of residents taking out the trash for them. It's nearly getting ot the point of them pattin you on the back for it.

I'm new here and I'm not sure if this has been posted before,so please forgive me if it has. This one's for those of us who live next door to hippies.

Hi guys,I'm new here and I'm not sure if this was posted already,please forgive me if it has.This one's for those of us who live next door to hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkingdeath01 View Post

... I'm new here and I'm not sure if this has been posted before,so please forgive me if it has. This one's for those of us who live next door to hippies.

Ha! That's great! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast