my son turns 21 in december

Thread: my son turns 21 in december

Exclamation my son turns 21 in december

I would like to get him a 1911...
    I am not even in the over 600.00 ballpark on price

Can anyone stear me to a "good" used 1911 or a good new one for under 600?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post

Man! I just sold my Kimber Ultra Carry II for $450. I have a few dealer friends so I ask If they know of any good deals.

Check out the Springfields 1911 GI. It looks like you can get one for around $600
    1911 A1 Springfield High Cap 45 GI PKg 13 + 1 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Para just came out with the GI expert that I have read some good reviews about and it lists for $600

Taurus PT1911

Taurus makes a nice 1911 with a lot of "extras" built into their standard 1911 firearm.

Steve

As the previous posters have mentioned; look at the Taurus PT1911 and the Para GI Expert.

I have the Taurus and it's been great. Accurate, feeds everything I've tried and 100% reliable. I've also been reading great things about the GI Expert and would love to add one to my collection.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Check out the Armscor/ Rock Island Armory (RIA) 1911 series.

Sarco Inc lists the RIA 1911 GI for $339.95 and the RIA 1911 Tactical for $399.99

IMO, the RIA 1911s are better than (reliability/accuracy/fit & finish) the Taurus 1911s and the RIA 1911 Tactical is the best NIB under $500 1911 currently available.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post

If you wanted to spend a little more, you could always set aside some money in a savings acct( $50 per week) and by the time December rolls around, voila! Personally, I buy most of my guns on layaway at my local gun shop. Right now, I have a beautiful used, excellent condition, with only 50 rds through it, Colt Night Officer's 1911 on layaway and will be bringing it home at the end of July. I got a pretty good deal on it as it was owned by a FFL holder. It's also a very rare gun, (Lew Horton) one of 300 made.