Cop's carry guns WHY!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop's carry guns WHY!

1. Angry Cop's carry guns WHY!

And this is why cop's should be the only ones to have guns. This just gets me going. South Amherst cop investigated for alleged threat | Chronicle-Telegram
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

The officer might have thought the clerk was being a wise guy asking for I.D. seeing as how she was in unifrom. Then again it is policy and the law in many areas if the person looks young and you are not sure how old they are to check their I.D. Either way the officer was way out of line with her reaction and comments.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm an E5 in the AF, 27 years old, and I get carded all the time on base while in uniform. All the workers there know that 99.9% of all E5s are over 21, yet they still card me due to the fact that I look underage.

Matter of fact, when I used to smoke (stopped in Feb this year) I'd STILL get carded on base while in uniform. Guess how many times I got pissed off about it?

I thought women took it as as compliment when they get carded?

I call that the 'GOD' complex. I've seen it before. They think since they have a gun and a badge that they are above everyone. Luckily they get rid of them before they get too high in the department and luckily they are a very small minority in LE.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. I had a restaurant near my home that had just opened and they were carding EVERYBODY! I was around 50 years old but when the waitress asked for ID I gave it to her (after I got through laughing).

And then there's my mom, carded when she was 75 years old for a bottle of beer. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    And then there's my mom, carded when she was 75 years old for a bottle of beer. Go figure!
    I once asked about carding people who are obviously over age and was told that when there's an infraction of the liquor laws in NV, the store may be required to asked every customer for ID for a period of time. It's like an extra punishment for failure to follow the rules.

I guess if you sell liquor to someone underage, the store is fined and all employees must card everyone for a month or two to make them be more diligent (I was told there's be obviously overage people coming in to check as well)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Cop's carry guns WHY!

....... Cause they don't have room on their duty belts for a CCW/CWP permit holder!?!?!?

Just kidding out there to all my Cop friends!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I once asked about carding people who are obviously over age and was told that when there's an infraction of the liquor laws in NV, the store may be required to asked every customer for ID for a period of time. It's like an extra punishment for failure to follow the rules.

I guess if you sell liquor to someone underage, the store is fined and all employees must card everyone for a month or two to make them be more diligent (I was told there's be obviously overage people coming in to check as well)
    I've heard that as well around here, it wouldn't surprise me. Makes a bit of sense as well.

The LEO in this story is just a bad apple...
    He shouldn't have been surprised at being asked for his ID, however...In some states (wouldn't surprise me if MA is one of them) it's the law to card everyone no matter what... why? It's not to verify age all the time, but in some states, it is illegal to purchase alcohol or...more often...to "frequent an establishment in the business of serving alcohol" without you i.d. -- how do I know this? A buddy of mine got a ticket once for being in a bar even though he was 21...the owner of the bar got in trouble for letting him be there... the rest of the story? Well, the place was known for serving minors, the cops raided the place, didn't believe my roommate (he looked young) and the judge cited the law that all persons must have their i.d. on their person when in such an establishment, changed the charge to *I can't remember what* and it stuck... $100 fine. That was Idaho circa 1990...

On a related note: here in the greater Portland Oregon area, all Chevron stations card every single person no matter what. It's corporate policy, and although I buy a six pack a couple times a week at the same place, where they know me, they always thank me for producing an ID because they have to ask...they also like me to produce it in a manner that is visible to the security cams because the tapes are reviewed by their manager, and they get in trouble if they don't look at a valid ID (even from little old ladies).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast