Terrorist watch list and Guns

View Poll Results: Should people on the U.S. terrorist watch list be allowed to buy guns?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 54.79%
  • No

66 45.21%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist watch list and Guns

Terrorist watch list and Guns

Here's an interesting poll I saw on CNN, which got me thinking. So I thought I'd post a little USACarry poll for us to discuss.

I'm leaning more towards, if that's the only thing that would disqualify them, then yes they should still be allowed to buy guns. If they are only on a watch list then they either have not done anything wrong or there is not enough evidence against them to convict. If just being put on a list keeps you from your second amendment right then what keeps them from adding someone’s name just to deny them the right to own a gun, not that I'm saying that would happen. Just my thoughts.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

As screwed up as our government is right now a person could make the list for just about any reason so I would say just because someone makes the list in and of iitself should not always be a reason to ban them from buying guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    As screwed up as our government is right now a person could make the list for just about any reason so I would say just because someone makes the list in and of iitself should not always be a reason to ban them from buying guns.
    I agree. they could put some one on there for oh I don't know.. maybe buying 4 guns in 1 month or something. why else would you do that unless you have a plan for terrorism right? and yes I can see something as lame as that happening. so I say just because they may be on a watch list they should not have their rights denied.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Ditto to both posts.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

We all could be on list

Without even looking at the subsequent posts, I firmly believe that we all could be put on a list for any reason. That being said, until proven guilty of something we are all American citizens, who still have some rights.
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

I agree with you guys.....Innocent until proven guilty
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

The gov't has a broad paint brush to paint somebody as a "suspected terrorist" and put them on a list. But until a crime is committed, the citizen is innocent and should be treated as such.

I'm sure the terrorists in NY or wherever that were sold fake C4 explosives were on the list and allowed to purchase stuff. The gov't knew and put the smack down. Now they're in prison. But until they try something, let 'em be.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

If this list is the only disqualification, innocent until proven guilty.

I too fear that HWSBO & Co. would then use the list to start denying honest citizens. They know there's more than one way to fight a battle, and this is just one of their tactics. And, one they can sit and spin on.

At the time of this post, 37.5% say no. I wonder why those people aren't speaking up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Since most of us are probably on the list for posting on this forum, I say that is not sufficient for denying our 2nd ammendment rights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast