Man Fatally Shoots Himself at Florida Gun Range
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Fatally Shoots Himself at Florida Gun Range

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Print ShareThisDELRAY BEACH, Fla. Authorities say a man fatally shot himself after renting a gun at a Delray Beach shooting range.

Employees found the man, who has not been identified, dead of a single gunshot wound Tuesday afternoon at Delray Shooting Center.

Police say the man came to Florida from another state and rented a car Tuesday morning. He went to the range, rented a revolver and fired several hundred rounds. Police say he waited for two other patrons to leave before shooting himself in the head.

Authorities say they found a detailed suicide note with his belongings.

Three other cases of people shooting themselves at gun ranges have been reported in Florida since April.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Ya I've heard of several cases down here lately were people killed themselves in this manner.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Wow, that's really awful news.

That's gotta be really traumatizing to the employees at the range. My friend walked in on a suicide when he worked at a hotel, he said it still disturbs him after all these years.
    I don't mind if you want to kill me, but I might struggle a bit. -- Trowa Barton

This the 4th one in 3 months, The one Lady shot her son and then shot her self. Not Good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Wow, that's really awful news.

That's gotta be really traumatizing to the employees at the range. My friend walked in on a suicide when he worked at a hotel, he said it still disturbs him after all these years.
    Having worked in the funeral industry, I consider folks who commit suicide to be selfish scumbags. They leave a big mess for others to clean up (with their act, financially, emotionally, etc.). I used to pick up body parts at suicide scenes and joke with my co-workers about "picking up the trash".

This frame of mind helped a great deal in coping with the horrible things I would see on a daily basis.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Things like this really hurt our cause. Huge fuel for the antis here. Very sad....prayers for the family.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Pretty soon we will no longer be able to rent firearms because of stuff like this. I've heard of range policies where you can't rent a gun unless you already have one or you can't if you are by your self.

Same thing happened with a troubled young man in Scottsdale, AZ a while back. I think that kid was only 21 or 22... battling all kinds of inner turmoil, he did the exact same thing this man in FL did .

I'm anticipating "rental rules" will adapt accordingly, but from the business' perspective, I can understand the perceived need. They rent and sell guns and firearms training. They aren't paid to be shrinks or analyze patrons' issues - but the anti-gun crowd will certainly lean with that slant.

Sad story, and I feel for the family and folks stuck with the "mess."
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

so they are moving these suicides from their own home where people used to be found to the gun range... that is too bad.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

So sad that people choose death as an answer to a temporary problem.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast