What Happens To You When You Buy A Gun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happens To You When You Buy A Gun?

What Happens To You When You Buy A Gun?

A good article dispelling the myth that people look for altercations after buying a gun. It seems the gun is not an evil spirit after all.

What happens to you when you buy a gun?

Very Good article. Thanks for posting this. I will be sending it out to friends!

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Great read - thanks for sharing.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

nice read. God bless America.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

H.r. 2159

I found the article by the same writer on H.R. 2159 even more interesting...

Article

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

scary stuff as always that they are proposing. looks like i may be on the list seeing as hanging here is probably the same as associating with known terrorists.....at least i am in good company :)
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Good article. Now if we could just get more of the sheeple to understand it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thanx for the post. The gun owners I know are more responsible than the non gun owners I know. I realize this is anecdotal but still my experience.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

Nicely worded article. I would add, based on my experience as an individual who never even saw a real handgun until about 2 years ago (and I'm 67), that once I and my walking buddies were convinced of everything said in the article, we began a unique experience for all of us---gun shops, gun shows, pawn shops etc. What we all found was that once we had purchased a gun intially for self-protection and after practicing with the gun, we found the sport of target shooting to be something that was fun and enjoyable. I also found that my first gun of choice had some limitations as far as overall personal defense, as a target gun, and finally, as a CCW. My one gun, a 38, is now 4 more guns including a 12g 18inch pump, two 22lr target pistols, and finally a kel-tec P3AT for carry (not all the time but on occassion). Bottom line, like most "things" that become hobbies or sports, it becomes easy to want another and another.I am sure that many of my fellow forum members would probably agree.

Loved it! Especially the following excerpts...

There is a growing conviction that while our police system in this country is among the best in the world, it can't help you at the moment a crime is being committed: police are our avengers, not our protectors. The window to make that choice is closing, and since November 4th, many Americans have chosen to buy a firearm and ammunition and chose self reliance.

Many gun owners are more aware of the US Constitution than most non-gun owning folks—gun owners are more sensitive to liberty, where it comes from and how and when it is threatened. And, there is a growing impatience with a federal government that has overstepped its enumerated Constitutional powers.

Buying a gun is an outward sign of an awakening mind. God Bless America.
    Good stuff! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast