Gunman Opens Fire in London Restaurant - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunman Opens Fire in London Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Let's hear the BBC and other media sources put the spin on this shooting in a country with no guns....... [maybe] the guns came from the U.S., where the Mexicans get theirs.

We'll get the blame, for sure, courtesy of the BATFE.

Well, regardless of whether the media place blame or not, I'm guessing the current administrations propensity for making the United States out to be the bad guy will necessitate an apology.

UK Gun control has NOT been effective in reducing crime. And, we should be clear in framing this discussion properly—it never really was about making the UK safer. It was about disarming the citizenry. It was about revoking freedom!

There are a whole lot of people in America who want the exact same thing. Whether you speak of guns, or your choice in automobile or energy use, even down to the types of food you like. These people will frame their arguments around statements like, “we want to make our streets safer,” or, “we only want to conserve the environment for our children,” or “we just don’t want you to be fat!”

They’ll continue to build a case against the evils of corporate America and demonize capitalism, and do their best to convince all Americans that we are all just victims in need of a hero in Washington to save us from the greedy bullies! All along, their true aim is on revoking your freedoms! They're not interested in helping the small guy; their only interest is in making US all small.

Let’s be alert and quick to speak out against these lies! We are not victims! We are Americans! We do not need politicians in Washington to tell us how to live our lives!

Vote! Let your voice be heard in Washington as well as in your local and State politics! AND fire any politician who seeks to erode American liberties and freedoms!

In an article in the Edmonton Journal, England's gun-crime statistics for the first five years following the gun-ban indicate a very different outcome than that which was forecast. According to the article, "the incidence of gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled from 13,874 in 1998 to 24,070 in 2003. And the incidence of firearms murder, while thankfully still very small, has risen 65 per cent."

Statistics from another report issued by Britain's Home Office reveal that there has also been a dramatic increase in robberies in recent years.

Do gun bans serve to reduce violent crime? When law-abiding citizens are disarmed, is their society a safer one? England's plight is just the latest example to show us, yet again, that the answer is "NO." (More)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

3. Gun control is the ability to hit your target. Other than that it only works for the criminals and politicians. Oops criminals and politicians are the same.

Vic!

Let's not forget the Long Island Railroad Massacre, 6 dead & 19 injured, I believed he was on his third reload. If the London restaurant incident happened in NYC, I believe the patrons would have done the exact same thing, because in NYC or DC, most people and I mean MOST people are unarmed and probably helpless.

Bad Guys are very resourceful and they will always be able to get their hands on a weapon rather it be a gun or a knife. A crook is a crook, no matter what!! So why disarm the public and leave them helpless???

Rick
    "A Gun In Hand is Better Than A Cop On The Phone"

Gun free zones or countries are not safer. How many massacres have occurred at gun shows or shooting ranges? Name one.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by drt View Post
    Gun free zones or countries are not safer. How many massacres have occurred at gun shows or shooting ranges? Name one.
    OK, granted it wasn't a massacre, but...Mom kills son, then self at gun range - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Unfortunately Gun Range Suicide is becoming a method of choice for people wanting to do away with themselves. Rent a gun with ammo, practice a little bit, then do yourself in. When you think about it, it's pretty easy. You don't have to spend a lot of money, No background check or forms to fill out, no waiting period, free instruction, and bang, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by drt View Post
    There was one here in the Panhandle recently.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Cant have happened

Theres no way under the sun this is possible. I agree with everyone,firearms arent allowed in the UK. Oh yeah,,,paddle faster ,,,we're uncasing the banjo's

I just can't believe the bleeding heart liberals didn't try to talk to him and reason with him about the error of his ways.
    Can't they just get along over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I wonder what they will want to outlaw next over there.... Maybe tables to hide under will be on that list.....
    Fire extinguishers. That's what...
    Extinguishers banned as ‘fire risk’ - Times Online

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast