Gunman Opens Fire in London Restaurant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunman Opens Fire in London Restaurant

Exclamation Gunman Opens Fire in London Restaurant

This could have ended a lot worse than it did. Of course, the gunman got away. It sounds like everyone started hiding under the table like a bunch of sheep.

What a screwed up country.

BBC NEWS | UK | Gunman opens fire in restaurant
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

This can't be right. I think they have gun controle over there to prevent things like this from happening.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Imposible, Guns are not allowed in England

Snopes says its not true since they don't have firearms there!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Let's stick to the truth on this forum. We all know gun control works every place it is used. The libs are always telling us this and private ownership of firearms is not allowed in England.
    Last edited by fuhr52; 06-27-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I wonder what they will want to outlaw next over there.... Maybe tables to hide under will be on that list.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    It sounds like everyone started hiding under the table like a bunch of sheep.
    What the hell else could they have done? I suppose someone in close proximity to the shooter could have tried to take him down. He wouldn't be expecting it since he was focused on the one guy he was chasing. But even if I had that chance, I don't think I would try wrestling a guy with a gun in each hand.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Red face How's that gun control working out for ya, England?

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    What the hell else could they have done? I suppose someone in close proximity to the shooter could have tried to take him down. He wouldn't be expecting it since he was focused on the one guy he was chasing. But even if I had that chance, I don't think I would try wrestling a guy with a gun in each hand.
    Somehow, utimmer, I don't believe you. Faced with the same situation, and given your non-sheeple mentality, I think that you would do JUST THAT!

I found a couple of interesting points by one of the diners, a Mr. Billy Osbourne:

"Then all of a sudden a guy in a motorbike helmet came in - he had two automatic pistols and he starts firing at the guy."

Wow, automatic pistols?!? That seems like a LOT of lead being thrown with only two injuries as a result.

"As soon as I smelled the cordite I was under the table."

Double "Wow"!!! I guess the bad guy is definitely a reloader, considering cordite has been obsolete for a long time. It's use was seriously waning by the time WW2 rolled around, and the only cordite ammo manufactured since has been for some legacy .303 Enfields that people had set aside. Of course, with the virtual firearm ban, the last of those makers closed in the late eighties/early ninties.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Well, since there are no guns in the UK, this guy must have been from another planet. No one saw his face because he was wearing a...space helmet! And by the time Mr. Know-It-All had "smelled the cordite", he would have been full of alien lead had the shooter been aiming at him.

Let's hear the BBC and other media sources put the spin on this shooting in a country with no guns. We're waiting.......

Oo, oo, I know. The guns came from the U.S., where the Mexicans get theirs. We'll get the blame, for sure, courtesy of the BATFE.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Somehow, utimmer, I don't believe you. Faced with the same situation, and given your non-sheeple mentality, I think that you would do JUST THAT!
    Well, of course I'd like to think that I would try to take him down. As in any situation such as this, one never really knows how they would react until the time comes. As a fairly quick thinker, I would probably be able to rationalize that the guy would never see me in his periphery. In the same thought, I'm just thinking two guns would be tough to gain control of without getting shot by one of them. I guess I'd just have to smack him so damn hard that he'd lose consciousness and drop both of them.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast