Beam Me Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beam Me Up

Exclamation OH Two stories!!

A couple of years back when a "Gun Buy Back Program" was set up. An savvy collector set himself up on the public land adjoining the place people were to go too for the "buy back".
    He then proceeded to flag every one that had a firearm that looked to be more valuable than the 100-150 dollar token the local program was offering.
    He payed in the 200-300 dollar range instead, and he actually got away with it for the first day and ended up with quite a few nice new guns for his troubles.
    That is until they got smart to his high-jinks and shut him down.
    He was doing nothing illegal it's just is the police did not like being upstaged.

Second story; this all reminds me of when the price of silver shot up and people turned in priceless antiques for the value of their silver bullion content, ignorant of the fact that they could put them up for auction and easily increased what they ended up with by a factor of at least 10.

Ignorance there is no medical cure.:(

Gun buy back

[QUOTE=Sheldon;8562]A couple of years back when a "Gun Buy Back Program" was set up. An savvy collector set himself up on the public land adjoining the place people were to go too for the "buy back".
    He then proceeded to flag every one that had a firearm that looked to be more valuable than the 100-150 dollar token the local program was offering.
    He payed in the 200-300 dollar range instead, and he actually got away with it for the first day and ended up with quite a few nice new guns for his troubles.
    That is until they got smart to his high-jinks and shut him down.
    He was doing nothing illegal it's just is the police did not like being upstaged.

Second story; this all reminds me of when the price of silver shot up and people turned in priceless antiques for the value of their silver bullion content, ignorant of the fact that they could put them up for auction and easily increased what they ended up with by a factor of at least 10.

Ignorance there is no medical cure.:([/QUO

Yep, I have often thought of starting my own buy back program.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I think it was Einstein who said, "the difference between ignorance and intelligence is that intelligence has no limits"
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12