Ten More Manly firearms

Thread: Ten More Manly firearms

Ten More Manly firearms

Many of you may remember a thread started back in 2007 titled the ten manliest firearms.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...-firearms.html

Well, I went back to the website recently and there is a new list of ten more manly firearms that many of you may find interesting. Personally, I would have included the Smith and Wesson .500 magnum or the .50AE Desert Eagle. Here is the new list:

10 More Manly Guns, by Michael Z. Williamson, Browning 1919a4, M1 Garand, Martini-Henry, CZ550 in .600 Overkill
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Smoked the 1st list. All but the 44 Mag and the .50 Cal Barrett. Not so much on the 2nd list, but very cool choices just the same.

Funny read too!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Hmmmm... a Colt Python... I like the idea of a "dinner gun".

Colt Python. Why is it I always think of Police Academy, and Tackleberry's "girlfriend" with her Colt Python.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderlounge View Post
    Colt Python. Why is it I always think of Police Academy, and Tackleberry's "girlfriend" with her Colt Python.
    lol exactly what I was thinking.. with her .357 semiwadcutter man stoppers for loads
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Manly? Say what?

Well, that's a bunch of macho crapola! Guns are manly? It's really interesting that people assign human traits to inanimate objects. It the same thing as saying that firearms are evil. Not so! They have no morals whatsoever. Neither do they have traits. Go ahead and tell your women that they are manly because they own this or that firearm; listen for the laughter! Then wonder why they don't "go for" a weekend shooting with the boys. I, myself, would be bored listening to the macho BS like this.

+1 for the Python. I have one that I bought in 1975 when working as a deputy sheriff. The best 357 mag ever made and worth much more today used than it cost new back then.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Well, that's a bunch of macho crapola! Guns are manly? It's really interesting that people assign human traits to inanimate objects. It the same thing as saying that firearms are evil. Not so! They have no morals whatsoever. Neither do they have traits. Go ahead and tell your women that they are manly because they own this or that firearm; listen for the laughter! Then wonder why they don't "go for" a weekend shooting with the boys. I, myself, would be bored listening to the macho BS like this.
    On posts like this where someone talks about "manly" something it usually refers to "teenagerly" stuff. It always reminds me of the campaign a good while back that had as its motto, "Any male can be a Father but it takes a Man to be a Daddy". I always picture lists of "manly" stuff being decided upon a by a group of 15 year-old sitting in their rooms taking a break from playing computer games trying to impress their friends on how tough they think they are.

10. I'm pretty impressed that a few didn't make this list...the SPAS-12 comes to mind.

THanks for the post....I really enjoyed the first one, now I'll be back in about an hour after I laugh through the second one.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown