Bullet from dropped gun hits woman in bathroom stall
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Bullet from dropped gun hits woman in bathroom stall

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,784

    Bullet from dropped gun hits woman in bathroom stall

    A Tampa woman was shot in the leg this afternoon while sitting on the toilet in a hotel bathroom. Police said the woman in the next stall accidentally let her handgun slip out of her waist holster, and the weapon discharged when it hit the ground.

    The bullet hit 53-year-old Janifer Bliss of Tampa in the lower left leg. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital with what police described as minor injuries.
    The gun belonged to Debra Monce, 56, of Land O'Lakes. She has a concealed weapons permit for the small-caliber handgun, but the case has been referred to the State Attorney's Office for review.

    The incident happened at the Clarion Hotel, 2701 E. Fowler Ave.

    Source: TBO


    Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    Another poster child against concealed carry.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,784
    I don't usually sit in a stall in public, carrying or not, but if I do I make sure I know where my gun is at all times.


    Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I don't usually sit in a stall in public, carrying or not, but if I do I make sure I know where my gun is at all times.
    +1. There is normally some ledge or something I can set it on. I'll remove the entire holstered gun, set it on the ledge, pointing in a safe direction, and do my business.

    I wonder if she was caring one of the original LCPs? I know they had a problem with them going off if dropped.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    +1. There is normally some ledge or something I can set it on. I'll remove the entire holstered gun, set it on the ledge, pointing in a safe direction, and do my business.

    I wonder if she was caring one of the original LCPs? I know they had a problem with them going off if dropped.
    I thought the same thing as I was reading this. Curious what it was.


    Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    39
    "She has a concealed weapons permit " NOT ANY MORE

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    108
    Pretty stupid on her part. Park it somewhere safe when you drop your drawers...

  9. #8

    Toilet rest

    This is actually something I have thought about, while waiting for my CCW permit.. I carry around the house and ran into - Ahhhh What now???
    Presently my preference is to drop (more like Place) the pistol in the crotch area of my pants... If there was a ledge, I would probably use it instead..
    Anybody else have preferred ways of handling a gun in a stall??
    Making sure the gun is non-viewable while you are "resting" would be high priority, I would think..

    I'm interested in other peoples thoughts on this subject.. I presume everyone one out there "squats" from time to time..

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  10. We actually covered that in our conceal carry class about 3 mos ago. The instructor said to always pick a stall on the far end if possible and to remove your holster (or gun if on a belt) and place it between your legs on your pants. That way you know where it is, it doesn't fall out and most importantly, you don't leave it behind on shelf when you leave.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock513 View Post
    We actually covered that in our conceal carry class about 3 mos ago. The instructor said to always pick a stall on the far end if possible and to remove your holster (or gun if on a belt) and place it between your legs on your pants. That way you know where it is, it doesn't fall out and most importantly, you don't leave it behind on shelf when you leave.
    My thoughts exactly...

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast