Shooting at mall - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at mall

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316022,00.html

If the lady in the article was on the phone for 30 minutes with 911 and we have been told it took the police 6 minutes after the call came in to arrive at the mall what was going on for the other 24 minutes?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Here is what the FBI think about mall security:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/06/mal...ity/index.html

This comment says it all!
    "Should these private security guards be armed? "Absolutely not," said Greene. Greene said if a security officer were to pull a gun on an armed individual in a mall, it could result in "the gunfight at the 'OK corral,' and then we might have 23 people killed instead of eight."

Are you kidding me??
    FBI or RETARD? :D Sounds like a ridiculous statement to me. So just sit around until you are killed or the dirt bag decides to kill himself. Is that what he advises for the Police also? "No Officer, don't shoot the BG; you might kill someone else while he is killing them."

4. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316022,00.html

If the lady in the article was on the phone for 30 minutes with 911 and we have been told it took the police 6 minutes after the call came in to arrive at the mall what was going on for the other 24 minutes?
    They were probably discussing cookie recipes. :D

Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    FBI or RETARD? :D Sounds like a ridiculous statement to me. So just sit around until you are killed or the dirt bag decides to kill himself. Is that what he advises for the Police also? "No Officer, don't shoot the BG; you might kill someone else while he is killing them."

It is unfortunate that many officers on the federal level have an elitest attitude. They think they are smarter and better trained than us sheeple.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I don't like malls, but at this time of year it's sometimes necessary to go there. When my wife and I went to the bookstore I was packing a 9mm with 2 extra mags (31 rds total) and two .38 snubs. Paranoid? anybody who isn't just isn't paying attention.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

7. This is a child that fell through the cracks. They knew he had a problem and had been treated. He should have beem moniterd.

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    More information is coming out regarding the tactical situation and the background of the shooter. Stay informed if you are going to try and discuss it on an open forum.

The first link presents a more coherent picture of the event; Note he was not shooting down on people from the balcony, but appears to have been inside the large department store on the third floor of the mall. Most of the fatalities were employees of the store.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/06/mal...911/index.html

Mental instability background of the shooter.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/06/oma...ing/index.html
    http://www.nbc5i.com/news/14783006/detail.html

You can read under "Timeline" where it talks about him firing down from the 3rd floor balcony. Early reports stated victims were on the levels below. What is your obsession with this being an open forum and telling people what they should and shouldn't discuss?
    Last edited by Unearthed; 12-07-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Mall Shooting

I think it would be appropiate for all the concealed permit holders that were in the mall at the time of the shooting, and had to leave their weapons either in their vehicles, or at home. Due to the mall being posted to get together and file a class action lawsuit, against the Mall company. On the basis they were left defenceless, and were denied protection per their 2nd amendment rights. Even if these "victims" were not successful, it might give some of these anti gun people something to think about.

Chill out

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthed View Post
    http://www.nbc5i.com/news/14783006/detail.html

You can read under "Timeline" where it talks about him firing down from the 3rd floor balcony. Early reports stated victims were on the levels below. What is your obsession with this being an open forum and telling people what they should and shouldn't discuss?
    Actually, I didnít tell anyone what they could or couldnít say. I commented it was early for Monday morning QBíing which is my opinion. Then I said "stay informed" if you are going to post on an open forum and posted up some updated news. But hey, if being informed strikes you as unnecessary, then do what you want. After all, it is a free country and people are just as free to rush to conclusions and judgment as they are to state their opinions and reactions. Already the media is pointing out the errors from the first reports as to how he was dressed, how his hair was cut and so on. Still another poster is raising the question of the timing of the 911 calls. You have your Timeline comment yet seem unaware that six of the dead were employees of the same store and the other two fatalities were customers of that store. I have seen no story stating that anyone outside the Von Maur store was shot and only one witness stating that he apparently shot a guy on an escalator as he [victim] was heading down to the second floor. All the other stories that I personally have read talk about people in the women's "department," shoe "department," gift wrap "department" and that he opened fire in the customer service "department." The HR Manager states she watched him on the "store" security cameras until he was dead. So it doesn't really sound like a sniper on high ground shooting into a wide open atrium or mall hallway area to me. Then again, I have no idea how that store is laid out so I cannot really tell one way or the other. If you want to continue your comments, feel free to do so. I'm simply commentining that it IS an open forum, accessible by press, anti-gun trolls and others. Posting something on here is not the same thing as sitting around the coffee pot at the range or on your patio chatting with like-minded friends or ven having a debate with your favorte anti.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    Actually, I didnít tell anyone what they could or couldnít say. I commented it was early for Monday morning QBíing which is my opinion. Then I said "stay informed" if you are going to post on an open forum and posted up some updated news. But hey, if being informed strikes you as unnecessary, then do what you want. After all, it is a free country and people are just as free to rush to conclusions and judgment as they are to state their opinions and reactions. Already the media is pointing out the errors from the first reports as to how he was dressed, how his hair was cut and so on. Still another poster is raising the question of the timing of the 911 calls. You have your Timeline comment yet seem unaware that six of the dead were employees of the same store and the other two fatalities were customers of that store. I have seen no story stating that anyone outside the Von Maur store was shot and only one witness stating that he apparently shot a guy on an escalator as he [victim] was heading down to the second floor. All the other stories that I personally have read talk about people in the women's "department," shoe "department," gift wrap "department" and that he opened fire in the customer service "department." The HR Manager states she watched him on the "store" security cameras until he was dead. So it doesn't really sound like a sniper on high ground shooting into a wide open atrium or mall hallway area to me. Then again, I have no idea how that store is laid out so I cannot really tell one way or the other. If you want to continue your comments, feel free to do so. I'm simply commentining that it IS an open forum, accessible by press, anti-gun trolls and others. Posting something on here is not the same thing as sitting around the coffee pot at the range or on your patio chatting with like-minded friends or ven having a debate with your favorte anti.
    Nobody outside the Van Maur store was shot, but there was a cut-out in the middle of the store that created a square shaped balcony on the second and third floors.

I'm very chill, by the way...I wasn't yelling at you or anything. But at the same time I think "Monday morning QB'ing" is a good thing. I like to go over these type situations in my head and think about what I would do if I was in one. It's very hard to train for these kinds of things unless you are in the military or LE (Or you pay for it) so the best I can do is go over and over it in my head.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast