• MAKAROV

0 0%

71 70.30%
  • 455 WEBLEY

0 0%
  • SIG P226 NAVY

10 9.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best Military pistol???

The 1911 has 'been there and done that'! You can't beat an old war horse...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Glock 19

Last edited by Quiet; 08-10-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added pic
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

gotta vote for what i will be using... Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Glock 17
    -1. Not even close. So far away, it wasn't on the list.

Had to go with the 1911.

I'm a huge fan of the 1911 and own two (voted 1911)......However, I gotta think that a Glock would be most beneficial in desert warfare for our guys over in Iraq & Afghanistan. Sand has a way of getting into everything. Given the fact that one can field strip without any tools and from a reliability standpoint....hard to beat. Just my 2 cents.

I was in the army for four years with two tours overseas as and infantryman, The berreta is garbage and unsafe. the 1911 has had less accidental shootings than any other weopon ever used by the military. I tell you what i would rather have carried a 1911 everyday i carried the piece of crap berreta especually because 9mm is inneffective and useless in a combat situation where hollowpoints are against the geneva convention. The safety of a berreta has a tendency to just slip off while in your holster... like i said garbage

I love the 1911's but i say the cz75b is one of the most rugged acrurate pistols out thiere for it's price. i'vehad beretas and sigs, and the cz 75b was just as accurat and reliable.

It isn't one of the choices but I say Glock. If I were to get dropped in anywhere and had my choice of pistol it would absolutely be a Glock!

One of our members says it best in his signature; "I show my friends my Kimber, I show my enemies my Glock"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12