• MAKAROV

0 0%

71 70.30%
  • 455 WEBLEY

0 0%
  • SIG P226 NAVY

10 9.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Military pistol???

Exclamation What is the best Military pistol???

vote now
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I fell in love with the 1911 as a kid. LOVED IT!! Until I met the MK23!

My choice for BEST military pistol EVER... is the MK23. Reliable and well designed... ocean, desert, hot or cold... no matter the conditions, H&K worked every time! And, has been my favorite brand weapon for 20 years!

My CCW is H&K as a result!

The M11 is a great weapon; and I personally never liked the M9! I DO WISH I could add to my collection an original Colt SA Army and 455 Webley! Both would be way cool weapons to own! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Well I really like any Sigs a lot but deep down I am of course really an HK guy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

1911, hands down.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Sig.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

The 1911 is my choice. I've always loved them.

The 1911 baby !!!!!

Having carried a classic 1911 as a sidearm (and an M60 as my primary) WAY back when the best President EVER was in charge (Ronald Reagan), I too have an affinity for the 1911.

However, for military application, the HK and Sig lines bring a whole lot more to the table now-days than the trusty 1911. Namely, the number of rounds per mag.

Obviously, personal preference and bias carries no weight, or else the Beretta M9 would have been replaced long ago. Yet, it's still around and "winning" contracts time and again. I love 1911's too, but if I had my choice and I was going cave hopping, or room clearing, I'd want more than 8 rounds per mag. SOCOM has the right idea.

HK's are outstanding, just expensive. Sigs are expensive too. Both are "bullet-proof" in their design, reliability and capability on the modern battlefield.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

1911 has provin its self in combat and i still carry one every day in colt 1991a1 compact and never has miss feed yet and i've carried it for over 16yrs now

Gotta go with the 1911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast