Help me decide... - Page 3

View Poll Results: What to use my X-Mas $400 gift card on?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistol - Ruger LCP

17 26.56%
  • Pistol - Keltec P3AT

4 6.25%
  • Shotty - Maverick Security 88

0 0%
  • Shotty - Mossy 500

20 31.25%
  • Shotty - Remmy 870

16 25.00%
  • Rifle - Mossy 100 ATR

2 3.13%
  • Rifle - Marlin XL7

2 3.13%
  • Rifle - Remmy 770

1 1.56%
  • Rifle - Mossy 464

0 0%
  • Rifle - Marlin 336

2 3.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me decide...

Benelli Nova Pump Shotgun

If you're getting back into hunting then you need a shotgun. While I like the Remington 870, I'd recommend the Benelli Nova Pump. My buddy just picked up a 3.5" magnum with 26" barrel and 3 factory chokes in excellent condition for $250. Brand new runs between $350-$400.

So my vote is: Other - Benelli Nova Pump
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

shotty

I was going to stay out of the shotty debate, but unless you are going to take one of those professional shotgun combat courses where you run through 2000rds in 3 days any of the shotguns mentioned will be fine.

I have a NEF Pardner Pump that is a clone of the 870. Paid $169 new. Fellas, don't knock it 'til you have tried it.
    To let you know Remington is owned by Freedom Group. Alot of different branded firearms get their parts off the same manufacturing line.

About Freedom Group, Inc.
    Freedom Group is the world’s leading innovator, designer, manufacturer, and marketer of firearms, ammunition, and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement, and military markets. As one of the largest manufacturers in the world of firearms and ammunition, we have some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther Arms, Marlin, Harrington & Richardson, New England Firearms, L.C. Smith, Parker, EOTAC, and INTC.
    They have also newly aquired Dakota Arms.
    2009 Remington Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post

... unless you plan to run through 2000rds in 3 days... any of the shotguns mentioned will be fine.
    Agreed. Again, I think the purchase of a new shotgun will ultimately come down to personal preference! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    Agreed the 590 is an excellent gun for self defense, I particularly like the safety set up. Don't quite know what a "heavy walled barrel" is.

I suggested the 870 primarily because it can serve not only self defense but as an excellent field gun, with a Remchoke barrel addition.

Barrel is just a little thicker gauge steel. The thinner, lighter one that comes with the 500 would most likely be o.k. if not to many rounds were used but I think the heavier one will last longer if you do a lot of shooting.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If you can't buy two at one time just buy the one you like the best. If you don't you'll regret it until you do buy your favorite.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123