Help me decide...

View Poll Results: What to use my X-Mas $400 gift card on?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistol - Ruger LCP

17 26.56%
  • Pistol - Keltec P3AT

4 6.25%
  • Shotty - Maverick Security 88

0 0%
  • Shotty - Mossy 500

20 31.25%
  • Shotty - Remmy 870

16 25.00%
  • Rifle - Mossy 100 ATR

2 3.13%
  • Rifle - Marlin XL7

2 3.13%
  • Rifle - Remmy 770

1 1.56%
  • Rifle - Mossy 464

0 0%
  • Rifle - Marlin 336

2 3.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide...

Help me decide...

OK, so I know it's 6 months till Christmas, but I want some input. I always get a $400.00 Visa gift card for Christmas, and I am going to purchase a firearm with it, but am unsure which one I want to get.

* I am getting back into hunting, so would like a deer rifle.
    * I would like to have a nice little pocket pistol
    * I don't have a shotgun

Thanks for your input!
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

You've got to have a scattergun!
    Mossberg was my vote.
    Last edited by benjammin; 07-31-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: .

It kind of comes down to what you feel is your greatest need right now. I decided you should go with the shotgun but a close second would be the LCP for a BUG.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I went with what my next purchase will be... another shotgun! :)

I'm considering a Mossberg 500 Bantam 20 (54132), or...

... a Mossberg Tactical Persuader 20g, w/18.5" Breecher Barrel (50145).
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

I like the Mossberg 500 Persuader, but isn't the Maverick the same thing? I just can't get past the price tag on the Maverick 88 Security- $189 @ Academy!

it depends on what kind of deer hunting you are doing. If you are in the thick woods under 100 yrds go with the shotgun. If at all possible don't by a mossberg cause in my opinion they are kind of cheap. Save a little to go with your 400 and at least get a remington but of course benelli is my fav.

If you are not in the thick forrest go with a centerfire. I'm a huge remington 700 fan. I have 3 or 4 and love them.

Final answer,

Everybody needs a shotgun and since you don't have one i would buy a shotgun, just not a moss.

8. I agree with jw you need a shotgun, but I have the moss 500 and love it for what I do with it is a good gun.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

It seems that it is leaning towards the shotgun. I do not turkey/bird hunt, just for HD.

+1 on the shotgun.

I always have prefered the Remington 870 over Mossbergs. But even a Mossberg is better than nothing. Anyone who values the safety of thier home should have a scattergun.

You should check out the 870 Home defense model. It comes with a 18.5" BBL and a mag tube extension. I put a heat shield and a top folding stock on mine, it looks frickin sweet!

BTW, 870's have dual action rails, mossbergs don't. I have seen feeding issues on a couple mossbergs, never had a problem with my 870, my room-mate's 870, or my brother's 870.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

NO MAN should be without a shotty. Mossy 500 is nice; personal preference is the Rem 870. With various barrel and choke options, you got yourself an all-around hunting/sporting/SD weapon. But whatever brand/model you choos, you gotta get a shotty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast