Concealed carry weapons bust - 2 arrested for selling gun training certificates - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry weapons bust - 2 arrested for selling gun training certificates

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    The Wiphe and I were talking about this and I think that the report may be a tad off. Maybe it was $30 not $300... ?????????
    Actually, I kinda doubt it. They probably were $300. The were illegal documents to permit the buyers to illegally obtain permits that they are not qualified for; such contraband goes expensively...

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Fender View Post
    Actually, I kinda doubt it. They probably were $300. The were illegal documents to permit the buyers to illegally obtain permits that they are not qualified for; such contraband goes expensively...
    I had a guy here in Hawaii offer me $200 for paperwork so he could apply for a handgun permit. When I refused and stated that the law requires he take the full class (which is minimum 4 hours classroom and 2 hours of live fire here in PRHI), then guy upped his offer to $500 if I could give him the full class the same day.

Sensing the total lack of integrity of this guy, and having a very bad feeling due to this guy's urgency to get a handgun permit (wait time would still be 2 weeks per state law), I politely declined to do business with him. I also alerted several of the local instructors I work with along with the local gun shops.

It's very scary what folks are doing these days!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

This is to be expected when a state puts unreasonable requirements on obtaining a permit. Someone is going to try to make money on it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Up to $300 just for the certificate? They would still be required to pass the background check. And now, since they are guilty of a felony once convicted, they will NEVER qualify for a CCP.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM !!
    (If you wish for peace, prepare for war !!)

Quote Originally Posted by L1D3N View Post
    Glad they got caught, like someone else said why not just take the class? It's fun and I enjoyed it. Always people trying to cut corners...
    That big document in your signature says that you don't have to take a class. Just like I don't need a permit to attend the church of my choosing, I don't need one to carry a gun.

Granted, these guys are gonna end up dealing with the tyrant state/fed gov, I still appreciate them being able to pack a weapon, government "licenses" to exercise your freedoms can be damned.

What happens when the fed gov steps in and starts limiting freedoms, they start turning law abiding citizens into outlaws.

wow how rediculous!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I think they busted a couple of fellows in Upstate SC a few months back for selling certificates. I know it is supposed to be an 8 hour class but I know of at least one instructor that can get you through in about 4 hours. He covers all the basics but doesn't elaborate on anything and goes through the shooting part very quickly. As someone pointed out that those that are wanting to buy the certificate still have to go through the background check so it doesn't help in a lot of cases I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalokill View Post
    That big document in your signature says that you don't have to take a class. Just like I don't need a permit to attend the church of my choosing, I don't need one to carry a gun.

Granted, these guys are gonna end up dealing with the tyrant state/fed gov, I still appreciate them being able to pack a weapon, government "licenses" to exercise your freedoms can be damned.

What happens when the fed gov steps in and starts limiting freedoms, they start turning law abiding citizens into outlaws.
    Since these fellows were in Ohio they didn't need the permit to OC so that meets your requirement. It also makes one wonder why they were so willing to "pay" for the training certificate that they didn't need unless there is something that I am missing.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Since these fellows were in Ohio they didn't need the permit to OC so that meets your requirement. It also makes one wonder why they were so willing to "pay" for the training certificate that they didn't need unless there is something that I am missing.
    I think you missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalokill View Post

I agree with you 100% that the requirement that we obtain "permission" from the government to carry--whether concealed or otherwise--is unquestionably a violation of the 2nd Amendment and our RKBA. I think that is a plain as the nose on my face.

However, despite that fact, the States have imposed these conditions on us and, unless we are ready, willing, and able to challenge these conditions in court (are you ready to be the test case?), we submit to them as a matter of practicality, while at the same time working to get these unconstitutional requirements overturned or reversed.

But these idiots chose to try yet a third route--fraudulently obtaining the documentation to indicate that they had, in fact, submitted to the requirements when they actually had not. They are idiots. If they had simply disregarded the blatently unconstitutional requirements and carried any way, they would have my respect (and awe, at their willingness to risk the costs of being a test case if they were ever caught at it). Or, if they complied with the unconstitutional requirements while objecting to and working to abolish them, they again would have my respect. But their choice was simply foolish and stupid, and did nothing at all to promote the cause, so I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast