Concealed carry weapons bust - 2 arrested for selling gun training certificates - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concealed carry weapons bust - 2 arrested for selling gun training certificates

An 8 hour NRA course certificate for $300? Seems like a complete ripoff, and the people ripped off may not even realize how badly they were ripped off--unless they figure that out while doing community service.

A two day weekend course at the Firearms Academy of Seattle will run you only $325, and you'll get a heckuva lot more than basic firearm safety--unless the people buying the certificate can't successfully navigate a basic firearm safety course.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Lazy! Also, many who bought the bogus certificates, were likely not capable of qualifying under the law for a CCW permit.
    I would bet that they will never qualify in the future!

Judge Reeve Kelsey ordered Jason Hernandez, 38, of Perrysburg Township to . . .

I went to boarding school in Connecticut with a Reeve Kelsey from Toledo, Ohio. It has to be the same guy. [Just found out—it is the same guy.] He'd be 61 now. As I remember, he was quite a good student and went on to Washington and Lee University. He was well liked, trustworthy, and definitely a "straight arrow."

This is what gives us who ARE LEGAL a bad name!
    I enjoyed my class, it was not only Informitive it was Fun!
    Well worth giving up a whole Saturday for!
    Our class was $85.00!

Same here, our class was fun, the instructors while being consumate profestionals, actualy kept my attention for the 8 or 9 hrs of training, however they probably did not like me getting ahead of things while doing the shooting quaification, we were all suposed to wait for everyone to finish before moving to the next set, I put the 50 rds in the torso target, they almost made me do it again, i only had a hole in the target about the size of a tennis ball, in the end they were cool, asked if I practiced, I said yes, I did the range twice a week at least 100 rds each day, the only thing I can say about selling certificates, theu deserve whats coming to them and more

$300 ???

What a bunch of idiots. It's just a 12 hour course. Not like it's a semester or anything.

"A fool and his money..."
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    Wow! That is not good.

I hope many ccw instructors must better be asking the costumers for a driver license to matching on the application before taking 8 hours firearm training. .
    I keep a copy of a government issued photo ID for each student I train. Not sure about other instructors. Believe it or not, there are some instructors who have told me that checking their ID and keeping a copy is an invasion of privacy! Here in PRHI, a firearms safety class is manditory if you want to purchase a handgun. I verify and keep the copies of ID in the event that I'm ever called into court to attest to the fact that I trained (or didn't train) a particular student.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I keep a copy of a government issued photo ID for each student I train. Not sure about other instructors. Believe it or not, there are some instructors who have told me that checking their ID and keeping a copy is an invasion of privacy! Here in PRHI, a firearms safety class is manditory if you want to purchase a handgun. I verify and keep the copies of ID in the event that I'm ever called into court to attest to the fact that I trained (or didn't train) a particular student.

gf
    I think I'd Blacken out the Drivers Lic Number for ID Theft reasons, but still maint a photo ID for Class related court issues. CYA
    Semper Fi

10. The current military photo-ID has a person's full SS# on the back. There's absolutely no reason to make a photo-copy of anything but the front.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234