Called local mall about gun free zone - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Called local mall about gun free zone

Posted

Both Wal Mart stores locally are NOT posted, but the lone Sam's Club is. We do use all three, as need dictates. I have emailed both the Wal Mart corp. office, and Sam's Club. I do not know how interconnected the two are, except I believe Wal Mart outright owns Sam's Club (or not?). I want to know if Sam's Club is autonomous, and has a different corporate policy, or is this a local managers decision. Does Costco have a corporate policy on CCW? We anticipate new construction by Costco locally, soon. Competition is always a good thing!
    sailor

Props HK! Please let us all know the out come.

You know many things have changed or became law because the few were louder then the many. As concealed carry becomes more and more popular maybe it time for us to start speaking up. The more people that bring it to these companies attention and the more attacks that happen at these so called "Gun Free Zones" might just start waking people up.

In Texas, The business is required to have a sign that states "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411,
    Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun" at all points of entry.
    It has to be 1" high letters and be both in English and spanish. That makes for a large sign. They are not valid on state government owned or leased buildings, or a subdivision of state government. (except for Places weapons are prohibited, courts,government meetings, polling places, race tracks,etc.). Which is weird, Gun shows are in either a county owned or city owned building here in Houston and they put that sign at the entry. I have rejoined the Sheriff's Reserves so I don't have to deal with it, since Texas peace officers are tech. on duty 24/7.
    Last edited by LDaniel; 12-10-2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: formatting

5. Yes section 3006 good number for a no gun permit. I wounder what 1911 is?

They never returned my call so I called again. This time I talked to a live person. I was told that she did not know what if any changes would be made and that my question would be sent to the corporate office and they would have to make any changes. In other words, nothing will be done. Why am I not supprised?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I received this answer to my questions after I sent an e-mail today. I sent them another e-mail and told them their policy to keep shoppers safe does not work, that Omaha and the mall in AZ was a test testimony to that.

RCesare@simon.com wrote: Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding company policy on the possession of firearms on mall property.

Possession of any weapon at Grapevine Mills, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at Grapevine Mills, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

Grapevine Mills is private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

We recognize that everyone does not endorse such a policy. However, it is the one our company embraces and enforces at each of our properties and which we believe is in the best interest of those who work and visit there.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

So then

it seems like a logical next step would be to identify all those Simon Properties (as well as others) whose corporate policy clearly fails to offer even the option of self-protection to their customers and employees of clients despite their observance of the laws of the states and municipalities where they operate. I would consider it a community service to post a list of those malls which post their property and continue to insist this makes them "...a safe, secure and comfortable environment..." despite placing at risk the safety of their shoppers and employees.

By the way, another Simon Property you may have heard of is Tacoma Mall, Tacoma, WA (where at least two legitimate CHL holders were carrying on the day of their shooting event) and you may know of still another former Simon property, Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, UT, which was sold approximately six months prior to the shooting earlier this year.

I think I will drop a line to RCesare with one shopper's thoughts on this matter.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Simon Properties

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    it seems like a logical next step would be to identify all those Simon Properties (as well as others) whose corporate policy clearly fails to offer even the option of self-protection to their customers and employees of clients despite their observance of the laws of the states and municipalities where they operate. I would consider it a community service to post a list of those malls which post their property and continue to insist this makes them "...a safe, secure and comfortable environment..." despite placing at risk the safety of their shoppers and employees.

By the way, another Simon Property you may have heard of is Tacoma Mall, Tacoma, WA (where at least two legitimate CHL holders were carrying on the day of their shooting event) and you may know of still another former Simon property, Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, UT, which was sold approximately six months prior to the shooting earlier this year.

I think I will drop a line to RCesare with one shopper's thoughts on this matter.

Yep, it sounds like Simon Properties are good places to stay away from.

Fyi

You can drop Mr. Cesare a line along with DSimon (Chairman/CEO) and RSokolov (President/COO). They thoughtfully provide you email links off of their corporate website in the investor relations section. Anyone happen to own any shares of this company?

Oddly, there is nothing in their Press Releases section about the Westroads Mall.

Guess they don't have any Big 5, SW, Bass or other sporting goods stores which sell firearms in their facilities?

Seems like I had a few shares of General Growth Properties in an account somewhere, may have to look them over and see what they are doing at their malls...
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Find a Simon Mall near you...!

http://http://www.simon.com/findamall/
    Last edited by Ektarr; 12-10-2007 at 08:59 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast