Called local mall about gun free zone - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Called local mall about gun free zone

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Find a Simon Mall near you...!

    http://www.simon.com/findamall/
    Fixed your link. I just checked and we have one in Greenville. They have a little sign at the main entrance but it does not meet SC's requirements. I carry there all the time. I won't go to a mall unless I'm armed.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I received this answer to my questions after I sent an e-mail today. I sent them another e-mail and told them their policy to keep shoppers safe does not work, that Omaha and the mall in AZ was a test testimony to that.


    [email protected] wrote: Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding company policy on the possession of firearms on mall property.

    Possession of any weapon at Grapevine Mills, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at Grapevine Mills, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

    Grapevine Mills is private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

    We recognize that everyone does not endorse such a policy. However, it is the one our company embraces and enforces at each of our properties and which we believe is in the best interest of those who work and visit there.
    "This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at Grapevine Mills, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees."

    And in spite of overwhelming evidence of how wrong they are with four examples in just the past week, they are still so ^&*$%^ dumb they can't begin to comprehend the extent of their stupidity. It boggles the mind!

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I received this answer to my questions after I sent an e-mail today. I sent them another e-mail and told them their policy to keep shoppers safe does not work, that Omaha and the mall in AZ was a test testimony to that.


    [email protected] wrote: Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding company policy on the possession of firearms on mall property.

    Possession of any weapon at Grapevine Mills, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at Grapevine Mills, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

    Grapevine Mills is private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

    We recognize that everyone does not endorse such a policy. However, it is the one our company embraces and enforces at each of our properties and which we believe is in the best interest of those who work and visit there.
    In Memphis, there are (3) Simon operated malls. The only "posting" they have is a sign of approximately 10 rules of the mall. Line 4 states "No weapons of any kind are permitted on the premises." For one, that's not a legal posting. So the worst a carrier can face would be criminal trespass if you get outed, but refuse to leave. Secondly, even if you decided to trust unarmed rent-a-cops with your safety, you'd still be in violation if you left your piece in the vehicle.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  5. #24

    There you go

    So, if it is not legally posted, then you know what to do.

    By the way, wasn't there a shooting at Wolfchase a couple of years ago? <<Added: A shooting victim's car was found in their parking lot but the victim had been killed at another location.>> It also seems like the level of security at Raleigh Springs and Oak Court would be of interest - how have Simon's policies contributed to the safe, secure and comfortable environment maintained at those locations?
    Last edited by ecocks; 12-11-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Answered the question I asked about one of the malls.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    somewhere in north texas
    Posts
    599
    RIGHT ON,PUPPY!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    somewhere in north texas
    Posts
    599

    Thumbs up our local

    walmart allows ccw. we don't have many probs there. except for the time the sheriff's office had a undercover drug bust that didn't go exactly according to plan?{ do they ever?!** my wife made sure that that no one "obtained" the opeator's weapon after it came out of the holster. she didn't touch it, but neither did anybody else. she did good.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I received this answer to my questions after I sent an e-mail today. I sent them another e-mail and told them their policy to keep shoppers safe does not work, that Omaha and the mall in AZ was a test testimony to that.


    [email protected] wrote: Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding company policy on the possession of firearms on mall property.

    Possession of any weapon at Grapevine Mills, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at Grapevine Mills, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

    Grapevine Mills is private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

    We recognize that everyone does not endorse such a policy. However, it is the one our company embraces and enforces at each of our properties and which we believe is in the best interest of those who work and visit there.
    So they just put, in writing, that they take all legal responsibility for your safety while on there property, right? May want to hang on to that email for later use!

    Just food for thought. I read on the glocktalk forum that after the shooting the mall took down all the signs that say no guns allowed. You think their attorney informed them by posting they may be held responsible for the safety of all that were on the property?

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    So, if it is not legally posted, then you know what to do.

    By the way, wasn't there a shooting at Wolfchase a couple of years ago? <<Added: A shooting victim's car was found in their parking lot but the victim had been killed at another location.>> It also seems like the level of security at Raleigh Springs and Oak Court would be of interest - how have Simon's policies contributed to the safe, secure and comfortable environment maintained at those locations?

    I believe you're confusing Wolf-hell with an incident maybe 15 years ago at Oak Court. I'm sure their run & hide rent-a-cops have DRASTICALLY contributed to their safe environment.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida,Port Richey
    Posts
    212
    The local mall here is owned by simon properties and i have never noticed any signs prohibiting CC.Not that i have looked that close either,but i have always carried when at this mall.I am going to check the entrance to the mall the next time i am there to see if there are signs posted or not.If there are,i will politely call the office and let them know that i will no longer do business there while they enforce such ridiculous and unsafe policies regaurding the publics safety.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida,Port Richey
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    I believe you're confusing Wolf-hell with an incident maybe 15 years ago at Oak Court. I'm sure their run & hide rent-a-cops have DRASTICALLY contributed to their safe environment.
    I would have to agree with the statement concerning the rent a cops.The guys at our mall would have a hard time running anywheres without a tank of oxygen strapped to their backs.It`s a feel good tactic used by the mall to make the sheeple feel at ease. Some people see the uniform and assume they are safe.others live in the real world and realize that when TSHTF,these rent a cops will be invisible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast