NRA Logo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA Logo

NRA Logo

Sooooooo back again with another work related issue. I have the NRA logo as my desktop background. It has been there for a while now. I am now being forced to take it down because that is "offensive to some". I think this is total BS however my only options are: suck it up and take it down....leave it up and face disciplinary actions....argue it with HR (mind you my company is pretty much an OBAMA nation in itself). Pretty much a pick and choose your battles type of thing. However, I do feel like this is something they can't make me do. Others have their clubs, hobbies, political stuff on theirs and I am the only one being asked to take it down. Just wanted to let you guys know how crazy this stuff gets here in PRMA. How is the NRA offensive? Not sure I get that. Next Obama picture I see I am complaining Big TIME! Haha that’s the little kid in me..
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Little kid or not, I'm personally sickened at the very image of that lying Kenyan dork - so I know if they posted bHo pics or references, I'd object. I'd probably puke right on their Berkenstocks.

Political and social (in)tolerance is a two-way street. If they see & recognize an NRA logo as an "offensive symbol" then they need to sterilize the work place - which sucks for everybody.

It's obviously your call, as it's your job - and a job is a precious thing to have under this regime. However, I'd still look into some NRA or other pro-rights representation to see what's available and what can be done in this matter.

Of course, the "unofficial" retribution is always a consideration too - drawing a big bullseye on your back for future reference, or torquing off the wrong HR person etc. It's a tough call to make for sure - but a workplace shouldn't feel like a repressive culture. (You can't express yourself or post your own things, while being subjected to crap from those who adamently oppose your views - that's unacceptable in my perspective.)

I'd encourage you to maintain the "high ground" on every level, while not just lying down and being a door mat either. The liberal left love when they can casterate the "strong right" with BS threats and legal crap. Ironically, they don't see their behavior is exactly what they SAY they're against...

Tolerance my @$$....
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Sooooooo back again with another work related issue. I have the NRA logo as my desktop background. It has been there for a while now. I am now being forced to take it down because that is "offensive to some". I think this is total BS however my only options are: suck it up and take it down....leave it up and face disciplinary actions....argue it with HR (mind you my company is pretty much an OBAMA nation in itself). Pretty much a pick and choose your battles type of thing. However, I do feel like this is something they can't make me do. Others have their clubs, hobbies, political stuff on theirs and I am the only one being asked to take it down. Just wanted to let you guys know how crazy this stuff gets here in PRMA. How is the NRA offensive? Not sure I get that. Next Obama picture I see I am complaining Big TIME! Haha that’s the little kid in me..
    Similar issue where I work, someone complained that conversations discussing recent trips to range, talking about our equipment, and such were 'offending' some people. Just ended up giving similar complaints about them, when they would discuss anything (food, home, children, hygiene, whatever the subject of the day). Then we started complaining about the level of perfume worn. After a while, HR told everyone to 'get reasonable'. Haven't had any further problems...
    N38° 19' 56.52" W85° 45' 8.56"
    Semper Gumby
    Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.

Replace it with this one.

After a few weeks with this one they will gladly let you change it out with the NRA logo.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Replace it with this one.

After a few weeks with this one they will gladly let you change it out with the NRA logo.

Don't like the fact that our country is in the state that it is in now, but do appreciate the photo.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Unhappy I feel your pain.....

Were I in your position, I would remove the logo, but I would require them to state the reason for the order in writing. Then, document in hand, I would scour that office from one end to the other. If the reasoning behind their censure is good enough for one, it should be good enough for all.

I would also contact the ACLU and ask for some legal assistance. That is what they are there for, according to them.

Good luck, my friend.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I am SOOOO glad My boss and all 3 of my co-workers are pro 2A! Otherwise, I have a hard time minding my tongue.

I like Boom's suggestion. Take yours down (after a written order to do so), then gripe about everyone else's "offensive" pictures, decorations, Obama bobblehead dolls, etc. It likely won't even have to make it to the ACLU.

In the meantime, replace it with this:
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Take it down and replace it with JPFO home page or LOGO then if someone objects you can accuse them of being anti-semitic. Or maybe the Pink Pistols logo then they would be intolerant.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

We get the "it's our property and it sucks for you" message that you have to agree to, just to log on to your computater everyday. There are Obimbo family portraits hanging EVERYWHERE. I just stay in my area where it is an official Obimbo free gun zone.

I'd eat Taco Bell, slim jims and chug milk all day for a couple weeks - and "cook 'em off" all day long, to keep the liberal antis well away from my work space... they wouldn't be able to see offensive signs or pics through the putrid haze...
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast