Nikon Omega scopes

Thread: Nikon Omega scopes

Nikon Omega scopes

I recently bought a Nikon Omega scope that is supposed to be regulated for a blackpowder rifle with a specific load. I put this scope on a Remington 700 in 30.06. I figure if the bullet drop is good to 250 yards in .50 cal BP, it should be good out to 600-700 yards in 30.06. If anyone has tried this please let me know, I don't have any place to zero a rifle to test this theory.

Exclamation Here is a good quick fix

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    I recently bought a Nikon Omega scope that is supposed to be regulated for a blackpowder rifle with a specific load. I put this scope on a Remington 700 in 30.06. I figure if the bullet drop is good to 250 yards in .50 cal BP, it should be good out to 600-700 yards in 30.06. If anyone has tried this please let me know, I don't have any place to zero a rifle to test this theory.
    Download ballistix for windows (shareware)
    set you scope on the highest setting.
    Zero your scope at exactly 100 yds.
    get a new target at least 4-5 ft tall (Refrigerator box)
    Draw a huge upside down cross on the box
    put one in the intersection of the cross at 100 yds.
    move to the next stadia line and fire again
    move up one line and fire again
    measure distance from point of aim to point of impact.
    start plugging distances into ballistix until the height above bore (center of the cross) matches you results.
    You now have the data for some good ole fashion kentucky hold over with out actually shooting the distances you know you are dead on at!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS