22 Rifle Opinions Please
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 Rifle Opinions Please

22 Rifle Opinions Please

I want to get my 13 year old twin boys 22 rifles for Christmas. What would be your choice? Keep in mind I need to buy two of them.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Classic Marlin 10-22 has been the first 'plinker' for many a young shooter.

And buying two of them should still leave plenty of your income for the Gov't to steal from you.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Marlin 60

A marlin 60 can be had for around $100 used. A ruger 10-22 if you ca spend a little more ($150-200).

If money is real tight get a pair of Mossberg plinksters. I picked one up new from D*ck's for $69 about a year ago. They have good sights, magazine fed, and are fairly reliable. However, they are a PITA to disassemble and reassemble. The triggers are gritty but can be improved if you are mechanically inclined.

I don't mind spending between $200 to $300 a piece for them. I just want to get the best buy for the price.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

I have a couple of Ruger 10-22's that have held up really well. One of them is over 25 years old with thousands of rounds through it. For what you are willing to spend you may be able to get the stainless steel models, although I admit I have not priced them lately.

Doh! I got my nomenclatures flipped... my bad! I said Marlin (meant 60) but love the 10-22 (Ruger) idea as well... My bad. More coffee! Stat!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

You really really need to look at "Henry" rifles - made in the USA. They are very economical and trustworthy.

9. Ruger 10/22 will give them a lot of options for customizing the gun. It is also quite simple to disassemble. Wal-mart sells them in some of the stores.

Remington Model 597 is another good inexpensive rifle.

$$$

For what you are willing to spend get the 10/22. Bud's has one already in a tapco tactical stock for $268.
    http://http://www.usacarry.com/forum...uote=1&p=88997

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast