What is your favorite J-Frame? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite J-Frame?

I used to have a S&W Mdl. 38 Airweight Bodyguard that was one of the best sidearms I ever had until it developed an insurmountable problem. I'd get one again in a heartbeat. Currently I keep a Mdl. 60 handy, as does my Lovely Bride (hers is a Ladysmith). Nice guns, all.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

3. Model 60 .357 with 3" barrel.

My vote goes to the Smith and Wesson 442 with a crimson trace lasergrip.

It is what i carry most of the time.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by brock samson View Post
    Why does the S&W M&P 340CT cost TWICE what a 638 or 642 does? Because of the materials and .357 mag?

And speaking of the 638 and 642, what is the difference in those two arms? Does one just shoot +P ammo?
    Materials are a big part of the equation. The Crimson Trace grips are also a large part of the cost.

Also, keep in mind that I bought this firearm a little more than two years ago, well before Karl Marx was elected president, and before the panic buying (not criticizing, I totally understand why) swept the country. I picked up my piece at a gun show in PA (yes, I was living there at the time), and I paid about $850 for it.

As far as ammunition goes, if you can afford to stick with a .357, then I would definitely recommend you do so. I really like the ability to utilize two different sizes of ammunition (.38 and .357). It has really broadened its role in my personal protection collection.

I did find the same pistol with (nearly) the same specs as mine on gunbroker. The front sight is a Hi Viz instead of the tritium that I have, but it also has the crimson trace grips. Try a bid, you never know. It is item #138820029.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Mine is my Model 60 or Model 36 Chief's special Classic.
    "Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful." Major Hugh Pollard

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    My vote goes to the Smith and Wesson 442 with a crimson trace lasergrip.

It is what i carry most of the time.
    +1 on the 442. Love this gun, dont have the lasergrips for it yet, but I will be getting them as soon as I have the extra funds. always in my pocket when I get home

The S&W Model 442; enclosed hammer, rated for .38 Special +P

Product: Model 442 Revolver

We got an LCR and are happy with it. Only downside is that I haven't found the perfect hip holster for it.

i have a sw 637 thier nothing like being able to shoot single action. just put your thumb on the hammer when you draw your gun, and it will never snag. I had a thaurus 651, and my brother had a body gaurd. I alway missed the hammer.

J-Frame

S&W 340PD, Scandium, concealed hammer chambered in .357 magnum. I carry it in an uncle mikes pocket holster, right front pocket and carry two speed strips of extra ammo. I love it! I also swapped out the rubber grips for some nice coccobolo grips from Craig Spegel in Oregon. The wood grips make it much easier to draw from a pocket, as rubber grips might snag on the pocket lining.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast