What is your favorite J-Frame?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite J-Frame?

Arrow What is your favorite J-Frame?

I'm looking at purchasing my first CC revolver soon.

I'm considering a Ruger LCR, but am also looking at S&Ws. The problem is, there are so many S&Ws to choose from, how do I narrow it down?

What J-Frame do you guys/gals prefer?
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by brock samson View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing my first CC revolver soon.

I'm considering a Ruger LCR, but am also looking at S&Ws. The problem is, there are so many S&Ws to choose from, how do I narrow it down?

What J-Frame do you guys/gals prefer?
    For CC, I prefer this model;

Product: Model 638 Revolver

Small and light weight. Bobbed hammer so it won't snag on clothing and you can fire from inside a coat pocket if you had to!!

Me, I have a S&W 642 with Crimson Trace for my carry gun. Works great

I too like the S&W.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

For looks: the original Model 60 is still the most elegant.

For carry: 642, it is the gun I have in my pocket 90% of the time.

I carry a 642 whenever I carry a revolver. It is a great little gun.

Smile This is my mostly carry gun....

I love my S&W M&P 340CT revolver. It is small, light, and dependable. I am able to pocket carry it very easily, but it still feels just fine in a holster. I practice with mostly lower recoil .38's. In the summer, when clothing is lighter, I carry personal defense .38's, and in the winter I carry .357 mags. While it is true that it is only a 5 shot piece, most self defense shootings involve three shots or less. I have faith that superior training, consistent practice, and disciplined fire will win out over the typical BG hi-cap spray and pray. I also carry a couple of speed loaders, just in case. Reload speed is down to just a hair over 2 seconds, and that is while moving.

The Crimson Trace laser sight is nice, as is the front Tritium sight. I also like the fact that, should I need to do so, I can fire through my clothing without removing my firearm. The scandium frame and titanium cylinder make for a very light carry piece. Unfortunately, that same lack of weight can be a bit more punishing on the range, especially with the .357's. That said, in a self defense situation, I do not think that it would be an issue, at least not until later....

Mine looks like this:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Why does the S&W M&P 340CT cost TWICE what a 638 or 642 does? Because of the materials and .357 mag?

And speaking of the 638 and 642, what is the difference in those two arms? Does one just shoot +P ammo?
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

10. 642 is .38 special +p rated. I have the 442 which is the same only blued. I like the gun a lot, just don't plan on shooting it a lot. I'm not very recoil sensitive and still 30-50 rounds is all my hands can handle. Even with just .38 target loads its a pretty good thud.

the 642 has an enclosed hammer and shoots +P
    the 638 has a shrouded hammer and also shoots +P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast