What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry?

1. Hibby76 beat me to it. I was going to mention Israel. I tried the link "girls with guns" and didn't get anything. Was that a picture of 2 girls eating ice cream at an ice cream shop while carrying UZIs or AK47s, or M16. That is something you probably won't even see in Arizona. I understand there is some former country in the USSR that allows concealed carry with a LTC. I remember reading about it and thinking they had more 2A rights than Illinoisans, can't remember the name.

I remember some time ago some Palestinian terrorists were going to go on a shooting spree in an market, I believe, in Israel. When they opened fire they were met by return fire by several citizens. The survivor said "I didn't know they'd have guns". They've solved their school shooting problem by arming the teachers. The terrorists now of course use bombs more often.

3. Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    Hibby76 beat me to it. I was going to mention Israel. I tried the link "girls with guns" and didn't get anything. Was that a picture of 2 girls eating ice cream at an ice cream shop while carrying UZIs or AK47s, or M16. That is something you probably won't even see in Arizona. I understand there is some former country in the USSR that allows concealed carry with a LTC. I remember reading about it and thinking they had more 2A rights than Illinoisans, can't remember the name.

I remember some time ago some Palestinian terrorists were going to go on a shooting spree in an market, I believe, in Israel. When they opened fire they were met by return fire by several citizens. The survivor said "I didn't know they'd have guns". They've solved their school shooting problem by arming the teachers. The terrorists now of course use bombs more often.
    Former country in the USSR? Maybe country in the former USSR, the country you probably mean is Estonia. We have the best selection of all Europe and many places in the US. Look it up - Shooting range, gunshop, trainings.

4. South Africa allows open and concealed carry without permit. A go place to find information on carry practices of countries is at Gun Policy Facts and News Use the drop downs on the top left corner to select your country or region.

I know a guy with several pistols and license to carry in the Czech Republic.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

6. I was wondering that myself. With all the foreign gun makers, Walther, Beretta and more do they just sell to the police, military and American civilians? And their own people can't own guns?

Perhaps it's because we are the only country with a constitution that reads "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I believe South Africa also is gun frendly and issues carry permits!

9. In Europe: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Geogia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, and Serbia all have systems to allow private citizens to get a carry permit, some are harder to get than others.

Our neighbors to the north, Canada, you can get a permit to carry if you show cause.

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, possibly other middle eastern countries also allow firearms for citizens and certain classes of foreigners (typically Contractors)

So to "justify" the "need" to carry, what does one do? After a fatal encounter is too late. The justification aspect seems to be the most common loophole for denying a carry permit, since the personal defense argument is typically not allowed as justification.

11. Canada carry

Quote Originally Posted by Dekul34 View Post
    In Europe: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Geogia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, and Serbia all have systems to allow private citizens to get a carry permit, some are harder to get than others.

Our neighbors to the north, Canada, you can get a permit to carry if you show cause.

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, possibly other middle eastern countries also allow firearms for citizens and certain classes of foreigners (typically Contractors)
    I have been an active shooter in Canada since 1965. Additionally, I am a Justice of the Peace. Though the provision is 'on the books' to allow carry, in practice it essentially never happens. I have yet to encounter anyone who has been granted such a permit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast