Med Student Kills Intruder with Samurai Sword
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Med Student Kills Intruder with Samurai Sword

Not a gun related self defense story but props to the med student.

Med Student Kills Intruder with Samurai Sword - PoliceLink

BALTIMORE, Md. — Baltimore police say a Johns Hopkins University medical student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says campus police and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person heard screams to call police around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday.

Guglielmi says the student told the man he found in his garage to leave and the man accosted him. That’s when Guglielmi says the student defended himself, cutting off the man’s hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body.

He says the man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name.

Police are interviewing the student and others and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there is no more to the story than what has been reported then
    I say score one for the good guy

Police are interviewing the student and others and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.
    File charges?... For what? Cruel and unusual means of self defense? Failing to allow an intruder to inflict bodily harm or commit homicide? That should be the end of it. The intruder failed to leave and assaulted the victim in his dwelling… Sounds like a case of good old fashioned justice…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I agree. If that's the story then they have nothing to charge him with. If I didn't have a firearm to protect myself, anything I could get my hands on would suffice!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

How long before the anti's start advocating samurai sword control?

7. Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    How long before the anti's start advocating samurai sword control?
    In Maryland, about 20 minutes!

I wonder if he screamed "SAMURAI!!!" like John Belushi on that infamous SNL bit. That would have been awesome.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

AP: Guglielmi did not know why the student kept a sword. He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert.

Rice's criminal history includes more than two dozen arrests for burglary, breaking and entering and auto theft. According to court records, he was charged in 2007 after he pulled a gun on a police officer, though prosecutors placed those charges on hold because the officer was on military leave.

Rice was convicted in 2008 of unauthorized removal of property and sentenced to 18 months. He was released Saturday from the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    File charges?... For what? Cruel and unusual means of self defense? Failing to allow an intruder to inflict bodily harm or commit homicide? That should be the end of it. The intruder failed to leave and assaulted the victim in his dwelling… Sounds like a case of good old fashioned justice…
    no kidding!!! too many idiots out there today try to make a bad guy out of the true good guy. let's get real people.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huklberyhound View Post
    AP: Guglielmi did not know why the student kept a sword. He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert.
    Does he NEED a reason??? I have a 3 tier rifle rack on my bedroom wall...3 rifles? Nope...3 swords. Why? Cuz I like them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast