Give me a reason...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me a reason...

Give me a reason...

Please someone, anyone, give a a reason not to buy a taurus pt1911. I dont have any 1911's or .45s for that matter and I always wanted my first .45 to be a 1911. This gun has everything I would want on a 1911, and Ive only read glowing reports about them. I could theoretically spend the $600 right now to get one, but I really shouldnt spend the 600 right now, and if someone is able to talk me out of getting one it will save me a big fiight with the lady friend

I can't think of any. Sorry, no help here. I carry a Taurus, it's a good gun and is a lot of fun to shoot. (Sorry about that, but my Ex tried to kill me . . . my Taurus never has. Have a great day.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

I want a 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Comp_sH00tEr24 View Post
    Please someone, anyone, give a a reason not to buy a taurus pt1911. I dont have any 1911's or .45s for that matter and I always wanted my first .45 to be a 1911. This gun has everything I would want on a 1911, and Ive only read glowing reports about them. I could theoretically spend the $600 right now to get one, but I really shouldnt spend the 600 right now, and if someone is able to talk me out of getting one it will save me a big fiight with the lady friend
    I am in the market for a 1911 too. However, I need to wait a few more weeks before I can plunk down the money. I am looking to spend just a little more because I want one that is made in America. I am really eyeing the Kimber Custom II.. Very reasonably priced for a well made, home grown 1911. It's a heritage thing with me I guess. Anyway, what is it about the Taurus that attracts you? i.e. price? Picatinny light rails? Ambidextrous safety? Reviews? All of the above? Just curious. I want the more traditional 1911 (not mil-spec) without the light rail or amby safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    I am in the market for a 1911 too. However, I need to wait a few more weeks before I can plunk down the money. I am looking to spend just a little more because I want one that is made in America. I am really eyeing the Kimber Custom II.. Very reasonably priced for a well made, home grown 1911. It's a heritage thing with me I guess. Anyway, what is it about the Taurus that attracts you? i.e. price? Picatinny light rails? Ambidextrous safety? Reviews? All of the above? Just curious. I want the more traditional 1911 (not mil-spec) without the light rail or amby safety.
    The taurus comes standard with ambi-safety, full length guide rod, "factory" trigger job (3-4 pounds), large beaver tail, hammer that I'd want (not sure what its actually called), all the reviews have been great that Ive read...price = $600, no rails other stuff too, but these are the "custom features" I am looking for

I own one and carry it quite a bit. Great gun! Of course, if you're looking to buy American...

Sorry dude, I can't help. I love my PT1911. My wife likes it too.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I think the PT1911 is a fine choice, and a whole lot of gun for the money.

If it's not the gun, your lady friend will have othe reasons to be upset with you... may as well make it worth your while.

As you can guess, I'm not a marriage counselor.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    I think the PT1911 is a fine choice, and a whole lot of gun for the money.

If it's not the gun, your lady friend will have othe reasons to be upset with you... may as well make it worth your while.

As you can guess, I'm not a marriage counselor
    Haha thats the best advice ive gotten in a while

I like mine, but due to previous experiences I would not by sight unseen, make sure to thoroughly inspect it before you buy it (if you're allowed to detail strip it before purchase, do it).

I didn't know he wanted counseling as part of the recommendation. Hell, that's easy...Hey, Comp, MAN UP!

Been married for almost 30 years (same woman), and I'm here to tell ya...it's always gonna be something. You gotta stand your ground, brother. Tell it like it is. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. A man is king of his castle. When the going gets tough...whoa, no time to complete this post, my old lady's coming down the steps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast