Online MSNBC Poll on Restaurant Carry
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online MSNBC Poll on Restaurant Carry

Online MSNBC Poll on Restaurant Carry

Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?

Vote in the MSNBC poll. As of now, we're losing with a 64% NO vote and a 30% YES vote.

Vote here:

Newsvine - Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Well, I very rarely consume alchohol and if I do, it's usually one beer or a glass of red wine at bedtime. I would never go to a bar, and if I did, I wouldn't feel comfortable around folks who were drinking and carrying firearms.

Booze and guns don't mix. I rarely drink out any more and would rather just kick back at home and have a cold one on the couch. Like George Thorougood sings, "I drink alone"

This is stemming from Arizona's new law - which takes effect today. It's 30 Sep 09 and AZ has a few new CCW laws taking effect today. Of course, THIS law gets all the media attention while the new Defensive Display law goes unmentioned. I loathe the media.

Once again the mainstream media perpetuates their bias and their ignorance. Arizona's new law forbids the CCW-Permit holding armed citizen from consuming alcohol if they choose to CC into any establishment serving alcohol for consumption on the premises. (Not just bars, but "Olive Garden" too.) The automatic assumption is that people are getting drunk AND carrying concealed... but the new law expressly prohibits that. It angers me because in their tiny little fragile, eggshell minds, anti's assume all gun owners are irresponsible drunken morons. Anti's are fools and the media keeps 'em that way.

However, as with any gun law - it only applies to the law abiding citizen. The criminal element gives a rip, and has likely been CCing wherever they want, in whatever state of inebreation they want - for years.

Big shock on that "poll." Anti's are opposed to guns. There's a news story.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?

Vote in the MSNBC poll. As of now, we're losing with a 64% NO vote and a 30% YES vote.

Vote here:

Newsvine - Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?
    First...why would anyone vote in an MSNBC poll? And; second why would anyone except for a "dyed-in-the wool" liberal think that the outcome of an MSNBC poll means anything?
    MOLON LABE

First...why would anyone vote in an MSNBC poll? And; second why would anyone except for a "dyed-in-the wool" liberal think that the outcome of an MSNBC poll means anything?
    Some polls can influence public opinion, especially if they are by a major news network, because they will get mentioned on the air. Remember, a lot of sheeple don't think for themselves and have their opinions spoonfed to them by the networks. You can bet the anti-gun groups are encouraging their members to vote in these polls to send the results to the negative side. I'm just trying to counter them.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Guns and Booze...

You guys amaze me; you're all for gun rights until your own prejudices come into play. We can not only carry in places that serve alcohol here in Nevada, we can drink while carrying. The legal limit in Nevada for BAC while carrying is .10, it was not changed when MADD coerced the nation into .08 for DUI.

Guess what--you and the other anti gun rights folks are wrong--blood isn't flowing in the streets.

Believe it or not, almost everybody who legally carries a gun is a responsible law-abiding person.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    This is stemming from Arizona's new law - which takes effect today. It's 30 Sep 09 and AZ has a few new CCW laws taking effect today. Of course, THIS law gets all the media attention while the new Defensive Display law goes unmentioned. I loathe the media.

Once again the mainstream media perpetuates their bias and their ignorance. Arizona's new law forbids the CCW-Permit holding armed citizen from consuming alcohol if they choose to CC into any establishment serving alcohol for consumption on the premises. (Not just bars, but "Olive Garden" too.) The automatic assumption is that people are getting drunk AND carrying concealed... but the new law expressly prohibits that. It angers me because in their tiny little fragile, eggshell minds, anti's assume all gun owners are irresponsible drunken morons. Anti's are fools and the media keeps 'em that way.

However, as with any gun law - it only applies to the law abiding citizen. The criminal element gives a rip, and has likely been CCing wherever they want, in whatever state of inebreation they want - for years.

Big shock on that "poll." Anti's are opposed to guns. There's a news story.
    And thats where the poll question is flawed in my opinion. Its not just Bars...but family restaurants as well...I'm not a drinker...but the law prohibiting CCW in restaurants that serve really would put a cramp in our family outings. We dont have that law in PA...but we have friends in NC that also has the prohibition...really annoying..."no, cant go there. Nope not there either..."

I got mixed feelings on this. Here in ND we can carry in an establishment which serves alcohol if more than 51% of the establishment's revenues come from sale of food. Think Applebees, I guess. And I do carry there, but I don't drink at all if I'm carrying (and rarely drink at all, for that matter). But I sure have seen the wonders of alcohol-induced idiocy many times, in all its splendor. So, I worry more about escalation issues that arise when inebriated numbnuts get things rockin'.

Having said that, I gotta believe that the people who go to the hassle of obtaining a CCW permit are, in the vast majority of instances, gonna carry (and drink) responsibly. And yeah, BGs are gonna carry wherever they want.

Bottom Line: I could carry in a bar without any problems, so I have to extend the same right to other CCW permit holders.

How did the poll about Bars get transposed to a thread topic of Restaraunts?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast