Which Semi Auto... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Semi Auto...

For the past couple years I've been carrying the Taurus PT140 Pro. I bought it specifically for CC. It's size and light weight are what sold it. It's the 2nd I've owned, the first being before the "Pro" generation of PT's. The 1st one I had took 2-3hundred rounds to break-in and was reliable & functional after that. The 2nd, the one I'm still carrying, the Pro model, didn't require any break-in. From the very 1st shot to the now 2000+ shots, I've had zero malfunctions. It's very easy to field strip, too. My only complaint is the long, not-so-smooth DAO trigger pull and the long trigger reset. Other than that, it's proven to be a great affordable firearm.

I just bought a Springfield XD40 in stainless 4-inch. When I have a proper LH holster and some range time, I'll be switching to it as my primary carry. I was debating between the Glock 23 and the XD40. I went with the XD because it's a little more ergonomic for my hand and I like the trigger system better. The other huge plus for me was the ambidextrous mag release! What a smooth shooter! Once the little bit of slack is taken up on the trigger, it fires as though it's a single action.

There's also this:
    SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

P.S. The Taurus PT24/7 and the Taurus 1911 have been getting great reviews... they're not subcompact but apparently they're good guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12