Should Women Be Allowed To Own Guns?

View Poll Results: Should Women Be Allowed To Own Guns?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and shouldn't even be a question.

172 98.85%
  • No.

2 1.15%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Women Be Allowed To Own Guns?

Should Women Be Allowed To Own Guns?

Ok, I used that title to get you in here. I was just contacted by someone and thought I'd post this here to get your opinions on. On the subject of who should and shouldn't own a gun, being male or female makes no different in my opinion. This guy apparently groups all women together and I could see where he was going with this conversation. At first I was frustrated with having to explain myself on such a stupid topic so I thought I'd blow it off by posting over here and getting your thoughts. So below is the conversation I had in instant messanger with this guy. I changed his name to womanhater to protect his identity.

{womanhater** hi luke
    lukem hi, whos this?
    {womanhater** i am frank, i am in the concealed carry yahoo group, too. greetings
    lukem ah, gotcha
    lukem i dont go there too much, i run usacarry.com
    {womanhater** ah ok..so your pro gun?
    lukem oh yea
    {womanhater** ah cool..and what is your opinion about female gun ownership, by the way?
    lukem no different than male owning a gun
    {womanhater** but have you ever heard of women who got involved in gunbattles against armed home invaders
    lukem yes, its all about training in my opinon, male or female
    {womanhater** yes?...so...what happened to the women?
    lukem well i dont know a specific story in mind, im in the middle of work
    lukem are you saying women shouldnt own guns??
    {womanhater** no, but i mean it seems somehow strange if a woman shoots it out with an invader
    lukem what do you mean?>
    lukem its strange if a womean shoots a gun without an invader?
    {womanhater** no, if an invader opens fire on her, and she returns fire
    lukem what is strange about that? whats the difference between a male opening fire
    lukem i dont understand where you are going with this
    {womanhater** i mean that she doesnt flee
    lukem what does that have to do with a woman? you can say the same thing with a man
    {womanhater** cos women are not presumed to have that courage
    lukem says who?
    lukem you?
    {womanhater** so you know of the contrary?
    lukem are you saying all woman have no courage and should not own a gun to protect themselves?
    lukem http://www.usacarry.com/forums/off-t...-snatcher.html

A 43-year-old woman shot and killed a suspected purse snatcher who confronted her at a northwest Detroit gas station this morning, according to police.

theres one example
    lukem so what do you have to say about that?
    {womanhater** was he armed?
    lukem ok, i dont think im going to continue this conversation....i dont understand what you point is other than being against women with guns which is very unintelligent
    {womanhater** i am against it cos i was shot by a woman
    lukem a woman = 1 woman, not all the women in the world
    {womanhater** but this one was enough for me
    lukem great, go ahead and continue to think that way then, you wont change my mind, i dont use prejudice against people like that
    {womanhater** sorry, but i have my reasons
    lukem it still doesnt mean all woman are like that and it is very dumb for someone to think that
    {womanhater** but she wasnt charged
    lukem my girlfriend can handle her firearm fine and ive trained her so shes as competent as i am
    lukem well thats just one case about one woman, not all of them
    {womanhater** you dont wanna know what happened?
    lukem you are grouping all woman together because one woman shot you....does that make any sense? if it does then i REALLY dont need to continue this conversation
    lukem not really, im in the middle of work and have gone over this too long already
    Last edited by lukem; 10-13-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Mr. "womanhater" sounds like he probably had it coming....

I really missed his arguement.. He says women don't have the courage, but it seems the woman who shot him had the courage, so I'm really lost in his argument..
    The question I wanted to ask, since he talked about home invasion so much is...
    Was he in the midst of a home invasion when he got shot???

"cos"..." i"... Seems like an dumb ass to me... I don't spell so good sometimes too, but damn! Everybody knows it's coz, not cos!!!

Oh yeah.. one more thing... IF this guy wants to see if a woman has courage enough, he should have the same conversation with my wife.. Then he could have matching bullet holes!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I really missed his arguement.. He says women don't have the courage, but it seems the woman who shot him had the courage, so I'm really lost in his argument..
    The question I wanted to ask, since he talked about home invasion so much is...
    Was he in the midst of a home invasion when he got shot???

"cos"..." i"... Seems like an dumb ass to me... I don't spell so good sometimes too, but damn! Everybody knows it's coz, not cos!!!
    Yea, I didn't really let him get that far. I really was in the middle of a few things while going back and forth with him and realized it wasn't getting anywhere fast. You can see he wanted to tell me his story but whatever it was still wasn't going to change my mind.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

"{womanhater** cos women are not presumed to have that courage"

"{womanhater** i am against it cos i was shot by a woman"

Well, I guess THAT woman had the courage.

I wonder if he realizes that there are actually female police officers, and members of the Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    "{womanhater** cos women are not presumed to have that courage"

"{womanhater** i am against it cos i was shot by a woman"

Well, I guess THAT woman had the courage.

I wonder if he realizes that there are actually female police officers, and members of the Armed Forces
    haha, my friend just sent me this as a response:

i have a female cousin that's a special agent with us customs
    she'd kick that dude's butt
    and make him say uncle

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    lukem yes, its all about training in my opinon, male or female
    [
    I think that about sums it up right there! I think Mr. Womanhater is just an idiot. I don't think it has anything to do with gender but more your training and mentality.

I actually have a female that works with me that could probably shot circle around this guy. She has her permit, has taken training classes, and shoots regularly. We are actually going to the range Wednesday for our lunch break and I have no worries about her shooting me.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I read something , somewhere about Shall not be Infringed.. I don't remember anything about gender.... Then again I may be getting old...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I read something , somewhere about Shall not be Infringed.. I don't remember anything about gender.... Then again I may be getting old...
    Actually the Founding Fathers didn't iclude Women or Slaves under their definition of "The People" but we will save that for a later discussion. Sounds like womanhater was correct about women in that if she had done things right she would have finished him off rather than letting him continue on taking up Algores valuable clean air. It is idiots like this that gives decent people a bad name.

He said she wasn't charged after shooting him...I wonder if he was charged! What an idiot.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast