Percent of Firearms Ownership by State
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Percent of Firearms Ownership by State

Percent of Firearms Ownership by State

Here are some an interesting stats. Wyoming has the most at 59.7% and DC has the least (no surprise here) at 3.8%

Percent of Firearms Ownership by State - Swivel

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Wow. I'm amazed to see Arizona so low on that list. (31%)

It seems everyone and their cat is packing heat down here, especially with such citizen-friendly pro-gun laws.

Hmmmm.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

California, Illinois, Maryland and the rest of the East Coast are not surprizing. What I thought was interesting was Wisconsin at 44%. , Arizona and Florida were so low and Michigan at 38%... I wonder what the numbers would be if they figured in the illegal guns in Chicago and Detroit?
    Semper Fi

Very interesting info. Great link Red Hat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

yes very interesting stats. some of them sure are surprising.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

seeing that texas only has 36% makes me question the validity of this data...just doesnt seem right to me

I'm suprised at Florida also. We had over 96,000 permit application in the first 6 months of this year and I think we are number two or three for permits per capa. Hmmmm....
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I was surprised at how low my state was. I thought sure Texas would be near the top of the list. I guess all those Californians fleeing their state and coming to Texas have not got their guns yet.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Smile

West Virginia is 55.4 % and we have two senators who are anti-gun.
    If I knew how to send that link to Senators Byrd and Rockafeller I would.

I'm surprised Mississippi doesnt have a higher percentage, that must be just the firearms they know about. And I know Florida and Arizona are full of snow birds,so that explains that. Liked Arizona gun laws,just didnt care for the desert very much.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast