No more kimber for me!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more kimber for me!

1. No more kimber for me!

i bought a kimber pro carry II lost all faith in them. Every clip it either didn't feed,jammed,or didnt eject so I traded it for a SPRINGFIELD NO TROUBLE @ ALL!

Friend had issues with his brand new Kimber, also. My .45 XD has never missed a beat (couple thousand rounds so far). Anyone had problems with an XD?

4. Actually YEAH! Me. I have constant issues with my XD .40 with the empty mag lever getting hit by bullets as they are sliding up into position. It would cause my slide catch to engage with ammo still in my magazine. Drove me nutz. I filed the damn thing all the way down to where there is barely a hair of distance left to engage when the magazine is empty. Im still not 100% confident in the gun past the 1st round. I've actually been saving my money for a new Kimber :/ I want a Pro CDP II.

Alost forgot: I have over 1000 rounds through it, 3 Magazines, tons of different ammo and it happens randomly with each and all combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by stresco View Post
    Actually YEAH! Me. I have constant issues with my XD .40 with the empty mag lever getting hit by bullets as they are sliding up into position. It would cause my slide catch to engage with ammo still in my magazine. Drove me nutz. I filed the damn thing all the way down to where there is barely a hair of distance left to engage when the magazine is empty. Im still not 100% confident in the gun past the 1st round. I've actually been saving my money for a new Kimber :/ I want a Pro CDP II.

Alost forgot: I have over 1000 rounds through it, 3 Magazines, tons of different ammo and it happens randomly with each and all combinations.
    I've experienced a few malfunctions of similar nature with XD9 and XD40SC... which has shaken my confidence in the XD as a daily CC choice... but then again. It is still a Croatian-made handgun with Springfield's badge stamped on it. I like the XD design, but not enough to ignore the issues I've experienced with more than one of them.

Sorry to hear about the Kimber blues... once they're 'broken in' they're generally great guns. Pricey - but nice. I did love my Springfield 1911 though... it was a battle tank.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I've had and carried both a Kimber Ultra Carry II and a Ultra CDP II (current carry) and never had any issues with either guns. Well, that was the guns fault. I will say anytime I bought a new mag it would have issues every time until I left it loaded for a few days. After I seated the mag spring I'd never have an issue. I've even ran both through a 500 round shooting class with not a single issue.

Sorry you got a bad one but I LOVE mine.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I will stick with my no frills, plain Jane, Glock G-21. Not the prettiest tool in the shed but undeniably reliable.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Soooo....anybody had any problems with Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Soooo....anybody had any problems with Glocks?

Mine shoots too much ammo. Whenever I go to the range with a few boxes of ammo, I figure I'll be coming home with at least a box, but end up shooting everything up. Not sure what the problem is. Gotta be my Glock.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Mine shoots too much ammo. Whenever I go to the range with a few boxes of ammo, I figure I'll be coming home with at least a box, but end up shooting everything up. Not sure what the problem is. Gotta be my Glock.

gf

Yup... My Glock 26 has the same issue, must be the weapon and not the user!!
    Other than that, not a problem.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Nope, my glock only problem is that I spend to much time at the range It's got over 2000 rounds through it. And I could not remenber a single jam or stove pipe... But I never shoot reloads with it that what my redhawk is for!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast