Was I in the wrong? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was I in the wrong?

1. I was very frustrated, especially when he mentioned to the next customer that I had bought all of their 9mm. Its not like I took cases, I just asked for 6 and he said they had a total of 10 in stock....so in reality I took 60% of their existing stock...

The thing that got me was the arbitrary decision of I get 4, when the guy ahead of me got 10. If they have a "max purchase" then OK, fine post a damn sign. HOWEVER, they cannot/should not decide at the time of purchase that there is a max limit for one customer, and not another. Even if that is based on stock, or caliber...

I should pull the race card! lmao jk...guy infront of me was same race..too bad, sounds like a multi-million dollar discrimation suit!
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I was very frustrated, especially when he mentioned to the next customer that I had bought all of their 9mm. Its not like I took cases, I just asked for 6 and he said they had a total of 10 in stock....so in reality I took 60% of their existing stock...

The thing that got me was the arbitrary decision of I get 4, when the guy ahead of me got 10. If they have a "max purchase" then OK, fine post a damn sign. HOWEVER, they cannot/should not decide at the time of purchase that there is a max limit for one customer, and not another. Even if that is based on stock, or caliber...

I should pull the race card! lmao jk...guy infront of me was same race..too bad, sounds like a multi-million dollar discrimation suit!
    I've seen limits on ammo purchases at various stores through my travels. The last Wal-mart I purchased ammo at had a "3 box per person, per caliber" limit for handgun ammo. This limit was "per visit", so if I purchased 3 boxes, put it in my vehicle and decided to "visit" again 5 minutes later, it was all good. I ended up buying 12 boxes of various calibers. (Had a NRA pistol class the following morning). The clerk was very friendly and helpful, and even suggested "multiple visits".

In your case, the 10 box purchase by the previous customer, then the 4 box limit for you was un called for. I would have requested to speak with the manager again and would have attempted to settle the issue that way. I'd write a letter to Wal-mart corporate. They're usually very responsive and handle issues rather quickly.

Though very effective, I don't think the "race card" would have been appropriate in your situation. I've used it in the past with much success, but am careful when I use it.

Hope you're able to get a favorable resolution.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

It's better to lose an argument to a genius than win one with an idiot. The guy was a tool in the first degree.

You handled the situation wonderfully.

I am slightly embarrassed to say that, you handled it better than I probably would have.
    As I read the replies to your post, I think of all kinds of moral high-road answers.
    But putting myself in your shoes... You did very well.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I never got it that bad but when I use to buy ammo from Wally World one of the clerks always had to toss in their .02 cent. "Hmmm...... what are you up to tonight?" "Who are you robbing?" "Getting ready to knock off a bank?" I don't miss having to deal with that. I've been reloading for a while now. That's the way to go!

I think you handled it fine. Oh and have fun at the range.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

7. Lol I'm considering buying a .22lr conversion - getting ammo is crazy. Kimber, I saw that you cast your own bullets when I was looking through the reloading forum, you are a much braver man than I lol.

I'd love to get into reloading but it seems like no matter what I think will let me get to the range more 1000's of people already had the idea.

22LR Conversion kit=14 week backorder
    Reloading supplies- bullets, primers, powder- Backorder + prices have increased
    jeez! lol I'm thinking about buying a firearm simulator, you know the ones that are hooked up to an air compressor to simulate recoil...only downside is they're around $14k
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Lol I'm considering buying a .22lr conversion - getting ammo is crazy. Kimber, I saw that you cast your own bullets when I was looking through the reloading forum, you are a much braver man than I lol.

I'd love to get into reloading but it seems like no matter what I think will let me get to the range more 1000's of people already had the idea.

22LR Conversion kit=14 week backorder
    Reloading supplies- bullets, primers, powder- Backorder + prices have increased
    jeez! lol I'm thinking about buying a firearm simulator, you know the ones that are hooked up to an air compressor to simulate recoil...only downside is they're around $14k
    I got your PM and sent you a reply. Hope it help and feel free to ask any other questions you have. Once you get the first batch under your belt it's actually a lot of fun.

Components are still hit or miss but you can still find what you need.

I've played on one of the F.A.T.S. sims and it was actually alot of fun.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

9. lol firearm simulators are amazing, seriously considering buying several and "renting" it out for like $10/hr to people...even local Law Enforcement is having trouble finding ammo, hate to profiteer out of the crisis, but...lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I never got it that bad but when I use to buy ammo from Wally World one of the clerks always had to toss in their .02 cent. "Hmmm...... what are you up to tonight?" "Who are you robbing?" "Getting ready to knock off a bank?"
    Never had to deal with that at the local Wally-World here. Over here I've heard things like, "You should come by more often. We're getting more stock all the time." and when I asked one of the cashiers why she put two bags on my one box of ammo, she said, "It's because of the customers. We've had some customers concerned about people walking around with a box of ammo while they're shopping. Like a box of ammo does anything on it's own..." Mind you, this lady was probably in her mid-20's. Refreshing to see folks at Wally-World working the counter in the sporting goods store and handling it with grace and enthusiasm instead of disgust.

Exclamation Call 1-800 wal mart

My Brother-in-law is a regional distribution center MGR. He has always said when you run into issues at wally world call 1-800 WAL MART. let them know the day, time and circumstances. Also let them know that it took a manager to resolve the issue. Employees can't just make up policy as they go. The guy behind the counter obviously showed favortism to the customer in front of you and tried to play policy police with you for a non existant policy. He does not want to keep his job.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast