Was I in the wrong? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was I in the wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Never had to deal with that at the local Wally-World here. Over here I've heard things like, "You should come by more often. We're getting more stock all the time." and when I asked one of the cashiers why she put two bags on my one box of ammo, she said, "It's because of the customers. We've had some customers concerned about people walking around with a box of ammo while they're shopping. Like a box of ammo does anything on it's own..." Mind you, this lady was probably in her mid-20's. Refreshing to see folks at Wally-World working the counter in the sporting goods store and handling it with grace and enthusiasm instead of disgust.
    I always get two bags just because ammo boxes are pointy and heavy, and I have had them tear through the bag. Also while walking around the store, if I have to leave it in the shopping cart (if I have one, don't really frequent/spend a lot of money there often), I don't want some thief walking by and seizing opportunity because he/she was able to see I had ammo in the cart.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

3. I have never purchased ammo from Wally World. Do they carry premium ammo or the cheap stuff like Wolf etc. Do they have a wide selection such as Federal Hydo-Shock in 9MM.

One of the gun stores I purchase from limits .380 at the moment. Perhaps a couple of other high-demand calibers, too. They say that they had never before limited purchases, and it's only until the temporary shortage is over. Apparently with the "Obama rush," primer became the bottleneck. My other store will sell whatever they have, but they don't have much .380. The local WalMart is constantly out of popular handgun calibers, but they have tons of rifle and shotgun ammo.

5. Hey guys

I wrote Walmart, and will post any response (if any) that I receive. I'll try to get a scanned image up.

Thanks for all the input.

Also, IWLA: Walmart usually has winchester in 100rnd value packs, and federal FMJ RN. Sometimes they have blazer. My glock eats the stuff normally- no complaints.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    ... and when I asked one of the cashiers why she put two bags on my one box of ammo, she said, "It's because of the customers. We've had some customers concerned about people walking around with a box of ammo while they're shopping. Like a box of ammo does anything on it's own..."

They grow legs and walk away, looking for the gun that grows its own fingers and pulls its own trigger!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I think you handled yourself very well. I can't imagine that happening here. the girls behind the ammo counter at my local walmart know me and know what I am looking for when they see me. if they are out of everything but are expecting more the next day they tell me all they can about it.

but it is walmart and I am sure the douche bag worker is not all that uncommon. that guy should have kept his mouth shut and he had no business talking about you in a bad way to the next customer... if I saw that happen and I was the next customer I would have told that moron what I thought of his opinion... first come first serve jackass!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Brother the only thing I read that was wrong ( if you haven't done it) was have him fired and file harrassment charges.
    And I certainly wouldn't have explained myself. I would have told him it's none of his business and to just do his job.
    Good luck in the future.
    Mike

WAY over the line

Oh yeah, I woulda been pissed!! At the local WalMarts here, they've got signage posted saying there's a 6-box limit on 9mm (per day, I think). At least it's posted, to which I wouldn't argue. Without any signage, after the manager OK'd the sale, the clerk should have kept his mouth shut. Even letting a comment or two slip is one thing, but the sarcasm about wiping out the gun store's supply, and accusing you of reselling it? That was way over the line and I would've certainly called the manager back to deal with it in REAL-TIME, then and there. False accusations are a huge pet peeve of mine and I don't tolerate it one bit. That little pissant behind the counter can have all the opinions he wants but to so blatantly and boldly berate, belittle, and quite simply PISS OFF the customer MUST come with repercussions.

I sympathize with the lack of ammo-shopping options. If you return for another purchase and that shithead's behind the counter, I'd immediately ask for a manager and when he/she arrives, I'd explain what happened last time and refuse to be waited on/rung up by that same individual - for obvious reasons. Just say "Hey, I don't want to leave the store pissed off, feeling like the ******* that clerk made me out to be". I'm pretty easy-going also but in response to false accusations, I'd make issue of it. I'd try to have that punk cleaning bathrooms for the remainder of his employment there. He obviously can't be trusted to be civil to customers.

ammo

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I have never purchased ammo from Wally World. Do they carry premium ammo or the cheap stuff like Wolf etc. Do they have a wide selection such as Federal Hydo-Shock in 9MM.
    Avg. I don't recall any hydra-shok ammo there, lucky to find any personal protection ammo at all. All I recall seeing at my local WalMarts is range/target ammo. I once found Winchester 9mm 124gr JHP's for $9.00/bx!! I bought them all and asked about when they might get more. He said they were shipped by mistake, which is why they were marked so low. Not what I wanted to hear but at least I got some cheap HPs!

Lately, in the recovering ammo shortage, my local WalMarts still haven't been able to get and keep any 9mm or .380 ammo but they've been getting really good with keeping some Federal .40S&W ammo on hand. I'm thankful for that since .40S&W is mostly what I shoot.

11. I would have told the clerk to kiss my a$$! Then I would have politely asked him to ring up all the ammo in all cabilers right then and there, then when that was done I would have politely said, " I'm so sorry, I just realized I don't need any more ammo" and walk away while he is placing all the ammo back on the shelf!

The Dove

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast